• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My vet is making bird toys

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

I so agree with Crystal - you are so very kind and thoughtful. :)

I know her shop may be closed up now due to the cold weather -I highly recommend JosienBB's wood - esp the 1/8" for the smaller beaks.

Awww...Little Scooter - comfort Mom - she needs you.

It is so hard to see a bird who is also experiencing grief. One of my male tiels was bonded to a female tiel - when she passed he looked and called for her for 3 days. :(

You are too kind. Thank you.
I have some of JosienBB's wood left if she's closed for the winter. I moved Emily's cage out of the bird room today and the caiques screamed in cockatiel language the whole evening long.
This is not usual behavior. I told them that Emily went away, and they digested that bit of info and calmed down. I had not spoken her name since Monday. Talking about her with the birds made me feel better too. I think Emily will be with us for a long long time

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sorry.

When I first got the zons, we had to move the bird cages to our bedroom when the grandpuppy came. As we pushed the first one out of the living room....the most awful scream screech you ever heard came from the one left behind.

From all I've read, they will grieve also. They share your loss.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Yes, the birdies will grieve also. It was so hard for me to watch my male tiel grieve over the loss of the my other tiels. He has outlived 3 of his flockmates. First a female tiel who he called and looked for for 3 days. :( He adjusted and bonded to another bird. Sounds like JoJo and Chickie are looking and calling for her. :( They will be OK.

Emily will always be with you Saroj. :heart: It does get easier...It does take time... :hug8:

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Alyssa, how do you attach the pine cone to the toy?

I am not the best at making toys, but I will wrap smaller hemp rope around the pinecone and then tie it onto the toy, really tight. It isn't ever noticeable because the hemp rope goes to the center of the pine cone.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Here are some things that arrived today from CABN. Plus some from my bird free stash. Also Parrot's Treasure and perches and platforms from T4W when they get here. :)

vet1.JPG vet2.JPG

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
This is not usual behavior. I told them that Emily went away, and they digested that bit of info and calmed down. I had not spoken her name since Monday. Talking about her with the birds made me feel better too. I think Emily will be with us for a long long time
I think Emily will always be with you and your flock. I know Newman still calls out to Dirk my dog who died 3 years ago "Dirkboy! Luv you Dirkboy" I take comfort thinking that he maybe sees Dirks angel :) I always get Newman to pass the message on, that we love him still too :heart:

Your perches will mail today :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
You are too kind. Thank you.
I have some of JosienBB's wood left if she's closed for the winter. I moved Emily's cage out of the bird room today and the caiques screamed in cockatiel language the whole evening long.

:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: Saroj, you have such a big heart. I'd write more but the screen is a bit blurry right now. :heart: Thanks for all you do.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thanks folks :)

Danita, the perches are fabulous! :joyful: The vet will be so delighted! :D
Thanks for making the hanging loops for the rack in the clinic lobby. Some birdies are going to get very lucky to have such precious gems from T4W! :xflove:
I'll take them in monday! :)

t4wperches.JPG

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
:heart: All the perches.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
thanks folks :)

Danita, the perches are fabulous! :joyful: The vet will be so delighted! :D
Thanks for making the hanging loops for the rack in the clinic lobby. Some birdies are going to get very lucky to have such precious gems from T4W! :xflove:
I'll take them in monday! :)

View attachment 190469
I can't wait to hear how she likes them. I tried to make them as Things for Wingy as possible for you lol

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I can't wait to hear how she likes them. I tried to make them as Things for Wingy as possible for you lol
She said thank you so much for the toys! Her grey and amazon :heart: T4W! She will adore the perches!Thank you so much, Danita! :D

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can I be your new best friend? (Sorry, the amazons made me ask) :hehe: