• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Addition

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Yesterday we added a new member to the flock. The other day our neighbor came over and she had a sheepish grin. "Well some friends of my mothers have this duck and ...." she starts. *sigh* :rolleyes: "Is it a girl?" we ask. "Yes." she gives us a happy smile. *another sigh* "Bring it over whenever." she is practically jumping up and down with joy. "They will bring it tomorrow." So what we know about her. They named her Duckie Momo and although it is a rather childish name it fits her so well. These people took her and another baby from tractor supply and kept them for a couple weeks. By then they decided it was a perfect day for a swim. They put them in the bath tub and one suddenly made an almost human scream and died. They freaked and put the other immediately under a light. Sadly the baby was beyond saving and buried him. So now that it is winter they were worried that she would freeze. They brought her yesterday and since our birds are free range we keep her in a crate for a couple days so she knows it is her home before we let her out. She has lived only with humans for her entire life so when I let her out in the coop with the others at first she ran to them, got confused and ran to me. Now you know that little head bob they do when they know someone is superior? Well she did that to me and I picked her up and cuddled her. :xflove: I know I shouldn't pick favorites but it's so hard when this cutie has joined the team. :heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awww....she sounds like a real sweetie. :heart:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwwww,pics please.

Reactions: Lo_

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Awwwww,pics please.
Since birdbabe you are always asking for photo's I have been working with my tablet and have found a way to post photos from it! You see I am horrible with electronics and the one I can use (my computer) can't be taken outside for those beauties pics. Once their is more light today (It's only 6:57 here) I will get some pics of my outdoor babies. :heart:

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Well here are some pics of our new girl. What a sweetie, we took her out today and she refuses to play with the ducks. She thinks she is human. Most of the pics are of her bobbing her head at my legs. She had a broken wing that never healed right. :unsure1:
IMG_20141126_090248.jpg IMG_20141126_090252.jpg IMG_20141126_090346.jpg IMG_20141126_090630.jpg IMG_20141126_090312.jpg
And just because here are some of the rest of the flock. :xflove:
IMG_20141126_090333.jpg IMG_20141126_090342.jpg IMG_20141126_090340.jpg
Our first snow of the year! :dance4:
IMG_20141126_142624.jpg

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Those are only five of our fifteen chickens. I couldn't get any good ones of the ducks.