• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

the search has ended

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
My grandma a cat died in April she had him since he was a kitten (he was literally born in her house) about 7 years ago. Back in august she asked me to help her find another orange tabby. So I went to work searching for a reasonable priced kitten which is getting harder and harder to do as for some reason people like to post on craigslist and claim their kittens are very rare and one person even wanted $260 for an unvetted, flea infested kitten yeah that's not happening. Some people even tried to claim her kitten was very rare because it was an orange female so that apparently justified a $150 price tag never mind its never seen a vet and clearly had fleas and something wrong with its eye. I finally found a cat that was free (i would have been ok paying up to $50 for it but free is always better) but I had to drive 30minutes to get it which I'm OK with.I get the cat home and my grandma says "i think its too old" after saying she wanted a cat under 5 years old this cat is 3 years old so I told her it was 6 months because I am never going to find the perfect cat as she keeps changing her mind on what she wants one day she wants a kitten that's 8 weeks the next she wants a cat that's 2 years old. I have recently gone with her to see 8 different cats/kittens and she always changes her mind at the last second which is frustrating and since she accepted it when I told her he was 6 months I will tell her in February how old he really is. I can tell she already likes this cat and when I asked my niece what to name him since nobody liked the name he came with and he didn't seem to know it (his name was trucker) gram instantly named him jingles. And since my niece has never named anything (yes she has been given plenty of opportunities including my dog, her parakeets, a kitten a relative got, and the dog her dad bought her) after a few minutes even my niece started calling him jingles so the new orange tabby is named jingles and I no longer have to search craigslist for the perfect orange tabby I say win win.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
They will come when he settles in when I left he was hiding behind the toilet and before that behind the bathroom door and before that underneath Peter pans cage so pictures can wait til he's not hiding. But he's big and visibly healthy and since his previous owner works at a vet office I'm assuming unless our vet says otherwise he is healthy. And even though I'm not fond of yellow tabbys he is a beautiful cat. And 2 things that make it even easier for my gram is he is already neutured and flea treated. The flea treated part really isn't too big of a deal as she has a years supply of flea meds.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
Sadly Jingles did not work out he hid under the bed all day and refused to eat or drink so I returned him to the lady I got him from. However I did find a kitten that I will be picking up next Monday the 22nd actually I found two my grandma told me yesterday she wanted a black and white one instead so I found a black and white and an orange and white kitten both are 8 weeks old (will be 9 weeks when I pick them up). And the kittens are brothers.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
You took him back after one day? Heck, it can take an adult cat weeks before he feels secure enough to come out of hiding! I am glad you found some kittens for her.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
No I took him back after 2 weeks. I got him the 25th of November and took him back yesterday so closer to 3 weeks the fact he wasnt eating made it a unhealthy situation and I'm not going to make an animal starve because he refuses to come out to eat.

Last edited:

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
Well the jerk sold the kittens and didn't bother telling me until I showed up last week so I was in a bit of a scramble to find new kittens reasonably priced since my grandma promised my niece I was getting them a kitten by Christmas. And I have been sick since last Monday Christmas eve a miracle happened and I found 2 kittens at a good price and within a reasonable driving distance so I called (the ad was only up for 30minutes) and was able to get the kittens Christmas evening and before leaving the lady I got them from handed me 2 of the do at home vaccines which just saves me $12 but in February we will be ordering the second set of vaccines (I won't be giving them the first set until the end of january to keep on schedule) when we order the vaccines for our dogs along with flea meds for all the furry animals. I have also set up the appointment to spay both kittens in March. Oh and the kittens names are Mistletoe and Tinsel.