• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Grey Still Not Himself

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Yeepee yahooooo.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's great!!!!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Woo hoo!!!!!!

Now, just remember no pots and pans with Teflon, no potent odors (so don't distract the wife and let the turkey burn), and lots of TLC for Mr Shoppa!!!!

Picture for us!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
kartwheel time, YAY. :yahoo: :cheer: :starshower1: :yahoo: :cheer: :starshower:

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
Woo hoo!!!!!!

Now, just remember no pots and pans with Teflon, no potent odors (so don't distract the wife and let the turkey burn), and lots of TLC for Mr Shoppa!!!!

Picture for us!
For sure. First thing to go is the Teflon! We threw away our frying pan. Just need to go get a new one asap! Ill definitely take some pics when he gets settled in :)

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
Oh I am so happy for you that Shoppa is coming home. Went from a very bleak outlook to a nice recovery. God answers prayers! May he be with you to enjoy for many years. Yes we would all like future updates and stories of this beautiful boy.
It was very bleak. I seriously thought I was gonna lose him. My wife was even less confident than I was and that wasnt much. I didnt think he would make it through the first weekend there. So happy its working out. Im still not getting my hopes up. I Havent seen him so idk how he is. Im hoping hes close to normal!

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Yay...hes coming home, im sure they wouldnt send him unless they are confident he is strong enough. AWESOME NEWS,SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :dance4: :dance4: :cheer: :bounce7: :excited1: :marlenesmile: :pinklol3:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Remember the simple rule no PTFE and PFOA. I have stainless steel T-Fal. If you want non-stick, there are ceramic ones out there - just watch for the initials!

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
Yay...hes coming home, im sure they wouldnt send him unless they are confident he is strong enough. AWESOME NEWS,SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :dance4: :dance4: :cheer: :bounce7: :excited1: :marlenesmile: :pinklol3:

For sure! I guess im just cautiously optimistic because it was Soooooooo bad. The Doc even told me it was not a good chance that she doesnt see birds this bad that often. It will just be comforting to see it for myself :) :D

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Great news! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Not knowing scares all of us...when it comes to our birds. Trust your feelings if you feel something is "off" Ask questions...seek treatment...I hope you have a vet closer to you.
And enjoy him!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that he is coming home. When you see him again you will know whether or not he is ready even if the vet says he is. It does sound as if your vet is on top of things and I assume she would not release him unless he is ready to go home.

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
Just got back from Washington State University! I was worried as most of you know since I havent seen it for myself. They went in the back to get him and a few minutes later I heard a very crisp loud whistle. I looked at my wife and I said I wonder if thats him. Probably not because his whistle has been broken. They walk around the corner and bam its him!

He whistles, blows kisses and starts climbing all over the travel cage like a monkey. I was like I had a whole new bird. Then he kept saying "its ok" over and over. The whole trip home it was kisses and its ok from him lol!

Vet told me milk thistle for ever. Nothing else. She warned me about teflon etc. I told her grandma always used teflon so we still used some and she said go home and throw it away. She said that could have even been the reason. We had already planned on getting new stuff this week anyways. Only thing that slightly worries me is my ceramic space heater I use to keep him warm at night. Not sure if I should can that and go buy something else to be safe? What space heaters to you all use?

Here are the pics of our miracle bird!

Attachments

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh how very wonderful!!! Corrie thank you for never giving up on Shoppa! He looks great! Your vet is great! Dancing in my chair!! :dancing: :dance4:

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
Oh how very wonderful!!! Corrie thank you for never giving up on Shoppa! He looks great! Your vet is great! Dancing in my chair!! :dancing: :dance4:

To be honest you would be surprised at how many people thought I was crazy for doing what I did and spending the money I spent. I disgusts me. Even family members where saying when is enough enough and you can only go so far. I felt very alone through most of this. You all have been what has kept me going because people were beginning to make me question myself. Thanks to all of you I stayed on track and level headed. Thank you!