• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our baby...

JeanW

Moving in
Real Name
Jean Wertman
We went out to see our baby caique at the Aviary today. Boy the change in 2 1/2 weeks is amazing! The babies in the clutch no longer has pin feathers but actual feathers and look like caiques! The youngest was still quite vocal but so sweet. Because the DNA test are not back yet, still do not know the sex of the babies.

So we are in the difficult position of trying to determine which one will be ours. I have to admit, I enjoyed holding the youngest (except when it cried in my ear), as it snuggled under my chin and rubbed against my hair. It was also great when holding another one in my hand and it started to fall a sleep. The two older ones did start to play by chasing fingers-a little.

Oh, I so hope it becomes easy to pick one out. But how to pick one (and we can only have one....)? Here is a pic of all three climbing up my arm/shoulder.

IMG_1873.jpg

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
Aww there so cute :)

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
A'wwwwwwwww! Baby cakes! :joyful: :heart:

CheekyBeaks

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ann-Marie
They are adorable :heart: :heart: :heart:
If it is too hard to choose ask the breeder what their traits are in regular day to day interactions as ones personality may stand out as a match to you that way.

JeanW

Moving in
Real Name
Jean Wertman
CheekyBeaks I did ask and the worker stated that really at this point it is hard to determine personality. We plan to go in every week or every other week and hopefully one will stand out then. Which does kinda make sense, just a human baby it does take a little bit for their personality to start showing past the eat and sleep stage, it could be the same with the caiques. I also wonder how much of their personality could be determine with how we raise it once we bring it home.

I also expect as the babies get older that they will interact more with us, but they were very comfortable with us handling them.

The kids and I plan to go out next Tuesday, Veterans day, to hold and play with them. It will be interesting to see how they interact with us.

JeanW

Moving in
Real Name
Jean Wertman
Our baby is a male! I believe that he picked us out. He was the only one that would rub his head under our chin, climb up on our shoulders and is vocal with us. He looks at us and start "talking" to us. We get to bring him home in about a month. Ya!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
How cute they all are! Congratulations on your boy!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats on having a boy! :heart: