• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's Our Turn to Fight

Abigail

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
With special permission from the staff, I am here to share with you a Facebook page I've created to spread awareness on a topic I feel very strongly about, the "sport" of dog-fighting.

Nobody necessarily likes dogfighting (unless you are involved yourself and make money off of it) but hardly anybody truly does anything about it either. It's an uncomfortable and sad topic, but ignoring it will only make it worse. It is completely and utterly INHUMANE and I feel one of the best things I can do at this point is share awareness and give the cold, hard and raw facts about this terrible crime. It does absolutely no good to sugarcoat this kind of thing. Some may disagree with me, but we just gotta bite the bullet and face this problem with courage and dedication.

If you simply say to someone "Dogs get killed in dogfights everday." Yes, it's sad, and whoever you tell it to will think that. But what emotional connection will they have to it? It's one thing to hear something like that, but it's totally different to experience it, see pictures, videos, and hear raw facts and statistics. I think a wake-up call is somewhat necessary in this case. Sugarcoating this type of thing is the same to me as lying. This isn't fictional content from a horror film, this is completely real and happening around us every minute of every day.

I have never felt more strongly about any other cause ever before, and I feel this is sort of "my calling". I always wanted something to support, and I believe this is it.

I've called my page "It's Our Turn to Fight". The meaning behind this is that, basically, the dogs have done enough fighting, they've been in enough pain, it's now OUR turn to save them and to "fight" for them.

I'd really appreciate it if you could like my page on Facebook and share it with everybody. If I could inspire just one person to "fight" with me, I would be happy. I want to make some sort of difference.

The link is this: It's Our Turn to Fight | Facebook

Thank you! :heart:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
Wow, thank you! I was actually looking for some links like that I could include on the page so people can do their own research and perhaps donate, etc.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
just google anti dog fighting and you will come up with a lot of sites. This is a big issue that hit the international spot lot with the Michael Vick case. There is lots of info out there on it :)

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
It's great of you to start this FB page. Dogfighting is something that must end :(

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
Thank you Kacy. I agree completely. It really gets me worked up at times.

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
If you haven't liked my page yet, feel free to come like it! It's Our Turn to Fight | Facebook

Also, I wanted to let you all know that you can request a free packet of anti-dogfighting posters and flyers from the Humane Society to pass out and post around your community. They offer $5,000 to anyone who reports a dogfighting case, and maybe that will encourage people to do so! Email the Humane Society and say you would like the dogfighting packet and include your name and address. :)

I got mine today, take a look.

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Thank you! :heart: