• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WALNUTS ARE SO GOOD

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Yummm! How long did it take for him to break through the shell?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd bird wasn't strong enough beak wise to punch through a walnut, though he could do nicely on my fingers when upset :rofl: We had to get a crack going he could work on then he'd feel all powerful as he slowly worked it open and got his reward.
Lurch likes the meat but we haven't really showed him a walnut in shell yet so will be interesting seeing how he's also a Maxi Pionus but much bigger and stronger then Nerd was... :chin:

jennarochelle

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jenna
It took him maybe 1-2 minutes to get a tiny little piece of the shell off. After that it all came apart ! He was definitely proud of himself. He had a sensory overload when he finally got to eat the actual good stuff !

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:lol: That's a fav here too..E would kill for a walnut. .

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Msngo will only eat nuts from the shell and yes I have to give it a start he also wont touch any nut that isn't fresh , strang how the know my last walnuts I bought it seems are stail cause he wants nothing to do with them
either are the almons im sure , so come shopping day out these will go ill get fresh
I give Mango as many nuts as he wants I do about 5 or6 of each at one time I have never rashaned nuts cause when he eats I find a pile of dust on his tray so heconsumes about 1/3 the rest is waisted I also find after eating a nut he will go to his dish and eat his food even the seed dish is touched once a week he loves cooked food not seeds or nuts but no vegies ,,lol
does any one else give nuts freely or are they limited

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan loves almonds. I don't think he'd know what to do with an unshelled walnut... :what: