• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my bird the only bird...

Haley

Moving in
My GCC is obsessed with our ears. She'll nibble on/in them and I have no clue why. Our ears are clean, I swear, lol. After she does that, she'll get in the crook of my neck and kinda flutter her wings for a bit. She does this with anyone she trusts and I'd just like to know if this is normal behavior? Should we feel honored or disgusted? ;)

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Roma tries to nibble my ears, but I turn my head so he cannot reach them and he is getting the picture, slowly. Not sure about the wing fluttering in the neck, but Roma likes to climb under my hair and play or if it is chilly, just sit and push his face behind my ear to warm his beak and toes.

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
When Gilligan feels like preening me, he nibbles my ears, and then preens my hair. He also wants to play with the ear pieces of my glasses, but that is off limits.

Your bird is trying to take care of your. Consider it an honor.

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
I have tunnels in my ears so my birds have always liked to attempt to rip them out :wideyed:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Two of my Green Cheeks always nibble on my ears while they are on my shoulder. :rolleyes:

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
my girl loves ears as well always trying to get to them as well :rolleyes: