• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Whats causing this?

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
@JLcribber
Just got this email back from Harrison's :cool2:
Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting Harrison’s.

High Potency Coarse does not contain Red Palm Fruit Oil as an ingredient. The only food product that contains Red Palm Fruit Oil is Power Treats.

Please feel free to contact us if you ever have any questions.

Thank you for choosing Harrison’s Bird Foods.

Sincerely,

Bobby Pignato
Customer Service
Harrison's Bird Foods
Harrison's Bird Foods

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thats interesting. They dont have it added to the ingredients list anymore?

Maybe thats why the high potency coarse has a different look now,where as over a year ago it looked different.

**Just wanted to add I've been feeding coconut oil and red palm oil twice a week since I started this thread.

And I've added lentils and quinoa to their evening meals.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im a bit shocked they suddenly started to add VEGETABLE OIL instead of red palm oil.

Its actually quite ridiculous and it may be why my birds have been turning their beaks up to the pellets now. Thought it was because the bags of food I've been getting have been looking dry.

Why the heck am I spending so much on HPC If it no longer has RPO...

RIDICULOUS.

Im going to email them on my lunch.

Im surprised they didnt label the package that they changed ingredients.

:mad: :meh:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yes the ingredients have changed. I stand corrected. The power treats still have it at least.

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
I still feel its the best pellet out there, I just add a tablespoon of Sunshine factor or AviGlow to every lb of food. Any thing for them to save a buck I guess, and to get more out of us.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Our 3 Scarlet's all have some flakiness on their beaks and each one of their beaks is at different flaking levels at different times of the year and they all eat the same diet. A beak is made from keratin like fingernails in humans and are constantly growing. Beta Carotene (the healthy food Vitamin A) foods and vitamin E from these foods IMO can help. It takes food fats for the body to assimilate the vitamins A, D, E and K. Fresh nutritious foods are best, I add supplements only if my bird's doesn't consume the healthy foods.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
I'm a big fan of Harrisons..E gets that and Zupreen natural plus the omega factor which is palm oil..I actually syringe the omega factor directly into his mouth. The fact that he loves legumes and fresh fruits really helps. But veggies have to be warmed up..