• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crazy lady that came to my house

ILoveBirds77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
I had posted some free stuff I needed to get rid of on Craigslist, and some lady was coming to get it. Once she got here, and she realized I had birds she was nuts, and went right up to my bird, and put her face and hands right up in my birds face. and my bird (cockatiel) was hissing at her and showing signs of wanting to bite. and she was all "oh are you going to bite I don't care!"

then as she was walking out the door with the free stuff, and I was on edge, her son was all mom we got to go, they are probably not going to give you their birds.
HELL NO I'm never giving my birds to anyone! the clothing, was free not the birds!
I love my babies, it will be a cold day in hell before my birdies ever leave my possession. :mad:

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Wow :huh: Some people!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hubby does not want me to go to someone's house from an ad on craigslist. If at all possible, meet them elsewhere. McDonald's is everywhere.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
I just.... what? o_O Of course the birds aren't going anywhere. Did you see birds anywhere in my ad?
Also, back the heck up off my birds cage!
Jeez, I don't get it lol.

QBird

Jogging around the block
she'd have left my house with nothing if she came in scared the birds and then pretty must the son started to presume the mother wanted the birds... some people are just odd

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
My hubby singlet me go to houses either.....to many Cray crays!!! They don't come to my house either especially since I live on a military base....I will let military come over to pick something up though or pick up something at their house.......nothing personal to non-military members at all....it's just "different" when everything is military members. I don't know how to explain it o_O

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hubby does not want me to go to someone's house from an ad on craigslist. If at all possible, meet them elsewhere. McDonald's is everywhere.
I agree, a public meeting spot is safest for both parties.

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
why would she want a bird that she provoked into almost biting her? crazy

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
oh heck no.. i woukd have been like, excuse me, pkease step back or youll have to leave. end of story.

as far as craigslist goes, i have a decent "spidy" sense about how ppl are. some get to come to the door where the dogs go off (the house has 4 total above 50 lbs), some get to meet me in a mutual location, and some i just stop talking to after a message or two.

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
craigslist.. just an invitation to be raped murdered and buried in someones basement? Thanks I will pay full price and get my goods somewhere else. :D
To be fair, if someone was going to rape or murder, it wouldn't be craigslists fault. They'd do it with or without it!

Curry

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jules
When I give stuff away on Craigslist (which has been a lot lately since I am moving) I never let strangers in. I live in a small apartment building so I always bring the items down to the front door.

Kelli

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelli
I live in an apartment building and if I have stuff to give away I just set it out by the dumpster in a box - it's usually gone withing an hour or 2. With that being said 2 of my birdy babies have come from craigslist and I have sold several cages on there. I always meet in a neutral location though and take my dad or at least a friend.