• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recipes Please?

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
I've heard of some people making a bean mash for their fid? any recipes for me? Also any other vegetarian recipes for the fids as well?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I don't have a bean mash recipe but I do a variation of birdie bread with rolled oats. I mix a 2-3 cups of rolled oats, with one egg ( no shell), a mashed sweet potato, some crushed pellets, a sprinkle of cinnamon and then I usually throw in come other veggies, like some finely chopped broccoli and sometimes I add some corn meal too. I add enough water to moisten it all and then bake in the over at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. I make it in a pie dish. Then I cut it up and freeze it in serving size pieces. It unthaws nicely and Sunny likes it. (Most days- he's on a no birdie bread kick right now. :rolleyes: )

RadhaVallabhi

I don't have a bean mash recipe but I do a variation of birdie bread with rolled oats. I mix a 2-3 cups of rolled oats, with one egg ( no shell), a mashed sweet potato, some crushed pellets, a sprinkle of cinnamon and then I usually throw in come other veggies, like some finely chopped broccoli and sometimes I add some corn meal too. I add enough water to moisten it all and then bake in the over at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. I make it in a pie dish. Then I cut it up and freeze it in serving size pieces. It unthaws nicely and Sunny likes it. (Most days- he's on a no birdie bread kick right now. :rolleyes: )
Sounds good! I've never put oats in their birdie bread! Except I don't add eggs because I want it to be vegetarian. No birdie bread kick! Poor baby! :lol:

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Cinnamon quinoa, rice, mixed beans, chicken, mixed veggies with corn, sweet potato... sometimes pasta

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm lazy, I usually do a can of no salt added beans, mashed carrots or squash, a teaspoon of hemp seeds and some microwavable brown rice, give it a mix and serve.

I sometimes add some coconut or red palm oil, finely chopped hot pepper to the mix.

RadhaVallabhi

I'm lazy, I usually do a can of no salt added beans, mashed carrots or squash, a teaspoon of hemp seeds and some microwavable brown rice, give it a mix and serve.

I sometimes add some coconut or red palm oil, finely chopped hot pepper to the mix.
The p'lets love hot pepper! :hehe: