• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost Ringneck?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: Lo_

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Last edited:

Libby

Moving in
Per the recommendation of a friend of mine who is an attorney out of Indpls I will be filing a civil lawsuit in Morgan Co. where I live. I am also asking the judge to issue an Immediate Possession Warrant for the bird which if necessary I will put up what they call bail funds or basically (cover my butt) if the bird is not awarded to me by the courts. The immediate possession request will enable the sheriff of Marion Co. to seize the bird when they deliver the Notice of claim to her that way I dont have to worry about the possibility of her hiding the bird or whatever. I feel that if she wont even let me see the bird she isnt going to be to happy when she gets the notice that I am suing her for him. My attorney has reviewed all the paperwork (evidence) that I have and says that I pretty much have a set case since I have complete acknowledgement from her that she found and captured the bird so no matter what its apparent that it is NOT her bird/personal property. Now I dont know for sure if/when they seize the bird if I will get custody of him until the actual court date or if they (the court) will seek out a 3rd party (like a shelter or a bird rescue) to hold and care for him until this matter is resolved but no matter what they decide it is best that he be removed from her possession. One more thing if I win my case (which i have much confidence that I will) I then have the option to request that the Morgan Co prosecutor file criminal charges and these charges could be severe as the charge of THEFT since there is NO evidence-paper trail showing that she made any effort AT ALL to reunite this bird with its rightful owner....AND I IN NO SHAPE OR FORM ABANDONED RHEMEY and thats the ONLY defense she could even try to use to argue her actions. Anyway it took me a little time to get my stuff together and have my attorney friend look it over so now I will be taking it to the court house this Monday Nov 3rd. I will let you know what happens with the immediate possession request and we will go from there. Thanks for everyone's concern...I truly am just sickened that I have had to go to this extreme to get my beloved baby back but I am also very, very angry but trying to stay focused on just getting Rhemey home where he belongs.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
:highfive: Go you!! & :hug8:

I hope everything works out for you and Rhemey. I don't know how she sleeps at night knowing what she is doing. But I am so thankful that Rhemey has such a devoted owner.

Nothing but prayers and positive energy that everything works out and Rhemey is back home soon!

Reactions: Lo_

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
So glad things are finally moving forward and we aren't just playing the waiting game anymore! :D
And I agree @Yoshi&Reza... She even told me when I first told her that it might be someone else's bird that if it was her cat she would want it back... So I don't understand how this is any different!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This is absolutely horrible! I cannot believe the person who found Remey wont allow his owner to come get him. How disgusting! This infuriates me!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Well it'll be a surprise when she gets a knock on her door from police! :mad:

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Per the recommendation of a friend of mine who is an attorney out of Indpls I will be filing a civil lawsuit in Morgan Co. where I live. I am also asking the judge to issue an Immediate Possession Warrant for the bird which if necessary I will put up what they call bail funds or basically (cover my butt) if the bird is not awarded to me by the courts. The immediate possession request will enable the sheriff of Marion Co. to seize the bird when they deliver the Notice of claim to her that way I dont have to worry about the possibility of her hiding the bird or whatever. I feel that if she wont even let me see the bird she isnt going to be to happy when she gets the notice that I am suing her for him. My attorney has reviewed all the paperwork (evidence) that I have and says that I pretty much have a set case since I have complete acknowledgement from her that she found and captured the bird so no matter what its apparent that it is NOT her bird/personal property. Now I dont know for sure if/when they seize the bird if I will get custody of him until the actual court date or if they (the court) will seek out a 3rd party (like a shelter or a bird rescue) to hold and care for him until this matter is resolved but no matter what they decide it is best that he be removed from her possession. One more thing if I win my case (which i have much confidence that I will) I then have the option to request that the Morgan Co prosecutor file criminal charges and these charges could be severe as the charge of THEFT since there is NO evidence-paper trail showing that she made any effort AT ALL to reunite this bird with its rightful owner....AND I IN NO SHAPE OR FORM ABANDONED RHEMEY and thats the ONLY defense she could even try to use to argue her actions. Anyway it took me a little time to get my stuff together and have my attorney friend look it over so now I will be taking it to the court house this Monday Nov 3rd. I will let you know what happens with the immediate possession request and we will go from there. Thanks for everyone's concern...I truly am just sickened that I have had to go to this extreme to get my beloved baby back but I am also very, very angry but trying to stay focused on just getting Rhemey home where he belongs.
Any updates :nervous:?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Oh I didn't see the last update. I am so rooting for you @Libby ! :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
:hug8: :hug8: :nervous: Keeping you in my thoughts. my new guy usnt even very bonded yet, but id hate to go through this.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Frightfully sad
Good Luck
:hug8:

Libby

Moving in
We are going to court unfortunately, the court date is over a month away March 20, 2015 @ 10:00am...But that is okay because I did everything that my attorney friend told me to do as far as how to pursue the issue and what information/evidence to gather up and the correct form in which to present it in. I am 100% confident that this situation is NOT going to end well for the person I am suing but at this point OH WELL...and I also believe that because she has basically performed (what I know for sure she will be charged with) not only a civil violation to me but also a felony of Criminal Conversion up the felony theft. So that's about all I want or can say right now and I have finally been able to close my eyes and get some sleep without an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. Thank you all for the encouraging comments I do appreciate your support. Check out the following attached link I think you may find it very interesting and again, Thank you.http://hecallsmegod.tumblr.com/post/97315199142/caught-this-yesterday-in-my-front-yard-his-name"

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Unbelievable and disgusting!!! I am praying that bird is Rhemey and he is re-united with his devoted owner!!! :hug8:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
My :heart: is breaking for whoever this precious bird belongs to!!! I'm rooting for you @Libby!! :hug8:

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Sorry you have to go through all of this Libby! I hope in the end it is all worth it and you can get your baby boy back!! :hug8: