• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need some info about a buddy for my linnie!

euphrosyne

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sarah
Hi there!

I have come over from the linnie forum which is no more :( It was where I got all my info and decided to get my linnie so I'm feeling a bit lost without it lol
Anyways, just looking for some advice. I have a 11 month old linne, Cleo, and am thinking about getting her a a linnie friend because she has really bonded with my Dad and when he is not around she is constantly contact calling for him. It is loud! And also I feel like she is lonely maybe...

So yeah... I have gotten varying opinions on which sex would work best. My breeder told me that if I get a male and they pair bond and she is not interested, then that will be a problem (fighting etc.). But I was kinda worried about whether she will get along with another female, or whether she would be viewed as competition???

I'd just love some input from people with multiple linnies. Especially about having introduced another later and how it went.

Thanks!
Sarah

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
someone will be along to help you ..wouuld love to see pics by the way..@jmfleish

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What did you end up doing? :confused: