• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mad Gang Status update

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
WELL,
Soentjie is still sitting on two ( likely infertile eggs),
Cha_Cha is at the vet because she is possibly egg-bound. Bird and egg due back soon (today I hope)

I left a huge tray of food in the aviary this morning, came back with fresh water and found Igor on the floor eating a dead cockroach. A BIG cockroach.

........Or maybe he killed it before eating it.

........or maybe it was still alive when he ate it ( I didnt examine it that closely), but it had LOTS of legs.

HO HUM, another normal Saturday morning with the mad gang. ( Who needs tv?)

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Cha cha is back with her egg safely tucked away in her nest. next one due in a few days lol. Otherwise the Green thighed females ( though VERY hormonal) havent made a move yet. They are on average 3 mths younger than their YTC cousins

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
New Flights arrived and were installed on Wednesday. So a fun weekend coming where I kit them out with branches and toys before installing two pairs of caiques. probably Soentjie/Jack_Jack, and Cha_Cha/Fingers.

Of course everybirdie had to be securely behind bars before the workmen assembled them on site in the aviary. Nobody was pleased about this, and yours truly was not greatly happy about aviary doors swinging open in the breeze. Had one casualty though, who is recovering well. One of the young lovebirds got trapped in the wrong cage and was beaten about until I arrived back and intervened. Now hes installed in a little box in my bedroom where he comes and goes as he pleases, woke up this morning to find him enjoying the view from the window.

Bloodied but not defeated. he climbs about his little box in the dark, eating.

I love this little guy!, Hes a survivor.

JP

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Saw Jack_Jack pick up a young lovebird by the neck ( by the NECK) and move him out of his way yesterday. Gentleman Jack_Jack? ( the lovvie is fine)

Ok no more time to waste. Moved Jack_Jack/Soentjie, and Fingers/Cha_Cha ( with new egg from yesterday) to their new huge cage/flights. No complaints. ( see thread in feathered photos)

Threw out Soentjie's infertile eggs. New Home, New start, and possibly new eggs by Xmas. She was a bit sniffy about the nestbox being moved, but settled in quickly.