• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Things to teach a tiel.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
Then your treat is not a good enough treat (according to Riley). :hehe: Robyn, Nird was not criticizing, she was listing reasons to do the training.
Ok so from now on its ok for me to assume that you are never going you are going to let YOUR bird get injured and die rather than taking it to the vet. Because you dont listen to every single thing I say. Man I really wish I knew everybody had to do everything someone else told them or else it meant they're going to let their animals get sick/injured and refuse to take them to a vet. Dont give me that crap.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I have started some target training as I figured it's a good starting place and the only major problem I had was Riley prefered to chew and hold onto the pencil rather than letting go of it and getting a treat (crushed up nutriberry)
Instead of requesting Riley to touch the target, simply teach Riley to reach for the target. It's still target training because you are orientating them to move towards the object without actually touching it.