• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BF forever

pga7602

Jogging around the block
These two are inseparable. If I move Holly (grey) away from Frizbee, they both cry. Yes, even at cuddle time, they have to be held together.. These two are definitely not for those who are allergic to dust. hahaa

The most they would tolerate is being able to see each other across the room. They constantly mimic each other's noises, so now I can't tell who is calling or needs something :rolleyes:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a beautiful pair of birdies.... :heart:

pga7602

Jogging around the block
That's amazing! When did their bond form? :heart:
Good question. We had Holly for a few years prior to Frizzbee arriving. Frizzbee came to us semi weened, but I had to continue hand feeding to instill abundance weening. He was a people guy from day one, but didn't care much for Holly. We always made sure the two birds were involve together whenever there were fun involve (tricks learning / bonding time / feeding/treats etc.). It took almost six months before we trusted the two to be unattended. At first Frizzbee would play to rough, or preen Holly when she didn't want it. As time past, they learn what each others likes and dislikes were and adjusted. I would say 8 months- a year if I had to choose a date. What is interesting is that Holly was not a bird that liked to be cuddle much prior to Frizzbee. She doesn't mind being picked up, but touch her head or scratching her was not something she would enjoyed. That slowly changed after watching how much fun we have with Frizzbee during group cuddling time. At this time, Holly is more cockatoo than Grey! I can lay Holly on her back like I do to Frizzbee, and she enjoys a good old fashion belly rub. :geek:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thank you for explaining more about them. It is so fascinating! They sound like quite the pair. :D

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are beautiful! Aren't you afraid they could fly away? :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a gorgeous pair!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
These two are inseparable. If I move Holly (grey) away from Frizbee, they both cry. Yes, even at cuddle time, they have to be held together.. These two are definitely not for those who are allergic to dust. hahaa
The most they would tolerate is being able to see each other across the room. They constantly mimic each other's noises, so now I can't tell who is calling or needs something :rolleyes:

wow! did you not lose your Afrcan grey Cora a few years ago because she flew away? I felt so sick when i heard of the news. Now I see this? :eek:

Last edited: