• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HI from New Zealand

Toffee's owner

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vinny
Ohhh, really happy as we are about to get our new baby Cockatiel tomorrow!! A wee boy we think, well the breeder lady Fran thinks so too. 'Hes' adorable. Expensive yes, but totally hand raised, inside, with his 3 other brothers. He was ‘born’ (or hatched) on 31st August. So just over 8 weeks old. All four were so cute but this little guy just wondered over to me and climbed up my arm and sat beside my head basically all the time, nibbling my ear and mumbling haha I was there! Really amazing. Fran said it seems hes chosen you too. Xoxo

Oh yes, great site too, love it. Thanks :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:greet5: Hello, welcome to AA! :shakehands: Yes, I think many of us have been "chosen" by one of our fids (feathered kids) even though we thought at the time that we chose them. :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: As CeciliaZ said, we're like grandparents and very pushy for photos of the "new fids". :chrisphoto: :chrisphoto: :chrisphoto:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

Toffee's owner

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vinny
Thanks all, yeah when I get him a bit settled Ill take a few photos and a video of him (and change my avatar haha).
Just had an email from the lady that has him, she always feeds them from the floor of their cage so Ill have to get a few more ladders Im told, so he can climb up. I dont think I'll have his seed on the the cage floor though.

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
An idea for feeding them on the bottom is to get a tray (be it a heavy ceramic baking tray so they can't tip it, or a new cat litter tray weighed down with pebbles or something) and scatter seed/treats in it, and burry in some safe pea straw for them to forage and change daily :)

Welcome to the forum!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome and congratulations, your new baby sounds delightful!

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Welcome to The Avenue to you and Kitkat!

We are also owner by a Cockatiel :D

Toffee's owner

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vinny
Thanks again everyone. Sorry as he (and I) are very new, my family were going to call him KitKat, but the name just didnt feel right after getting him home. Toffe (as in Toffee Pops, a yummy choc biscuit over here) seems way more fitting. Thanks to admin for the tag change request :heart: (sorry about that)
Toffee .. as getting stuck into and onto everything.. haha thats him alright, and only 8weeks old :bored: :xflove: