• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

USA Toy Makers

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Okay, so I just have to ask...do any of you know of a toy vendor in the US who creates toys in the style of T4W or CBT? I love both of these vendors, but the shipping just does not make this an option for me. Are the Canadians so much more creative than us? :p I wish they could have USA branches of T4W, CBT and OG, then I'd be set :D I do love IGAW but I also love the boutique type toys, too.

Hope I'm not offending anyone with this, I just honestly was curious. TIA.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
You may want to try amazon or eBay. I believe many bird toy makers are highly competitive. No two AA vendors are alike. But you can find copy cat toy makers on amazon or ebay tthat are within the U.S. Some closely resembling the toy makers you listed.

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
You may want to try amazon or eBay. I believe many bird toy makers are highly competitive. No two AA vendors are alike. But you can find copy cat toy makers on amazon or ebay tthat are within the U.S. Some closely resembling the toy makers you listed.
Thanks so much, Mercedez! I will start looking!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I actually do most of my shopping with Canadian vendors and I do live in the US. Instead of doing several small orders, I do one or two big orders every year. It defrays the cost to be comparable to what you'd pay for a US vendor in shipping costs. Most also offer layaway options to help make that more feasible :)

ETA: and since the US dollar is currently stronger, most vendors you shop with now you'll get a cheaper cost if you are paying in CAD.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
MPBT, Big Beaks Bird Toys, Mighty Bird Toys, Chopper's Toys, TNT Bird Toys, BBT... I'm sure there're more I'm missing :D

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
I actually do most of my shopping with Canadian vendors and I do live in the US. Instead of doing several small orders, I do one or two big orders every year. It defrays the cost to be comparable to what you'd pay for a US vendor in shipping costs. Most also offer layaway options to help make that more feasible :)

ETA: and since the US dollar is currently stronger, most vendors you shop with now you'll get a cheaper cost if you are paying in CAD.
Well, Shawna, after browsing thru the suggested sites, I think I may take your advice. I can't help it, I love the Canadian toy makers best :heart: :heart: :hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You can ask igotawoody for custom toys. ;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Well, Shawna, after browsing thru the suggested sites, I think I may take your advice. I can't help it, I love the Canadian toy makers best :heart: :heart: :hug8:

I do like the US vendors too but there definitely is some sort of charm and uniqueness about the Canadian options.

(Don't forget about Avian Stainless! :lol:)

Also if there are newsletters, sign up for them or follow them on facebook. Many offer sales or shipping discounts throughout the year that help even more :)

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just went on T4W's site and pretended I was an American customer... Let me tell you, the shipping estimate I was given is not very much different than what we Canadians pay. Canada Post is much more expensive than USPS, even within Canada.

i.e. I would pay ~$23, an American customer would pay ~$25. Not too much difference, see? :)

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
I just went on T4W's site and pretended I was an American customer... Let me tell you, the shipping estimate I was given is not very much different than what we Canadians pay. Canada Post is much more expensive than USPS, even within Canada.

i.e. I would pay ~$23, an American customer would pay ~$25. Not too much difference, see? :)
Thanks, that makes me feel better and I just love Danita's toys!

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
8beaks.com comes to mind. Some of their toys remind me of T4W. But their prices are high.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Really...I don't think shipping is that much more expensive...some of my heavier packages from US vendors have been at least $15...I know if I did not take advantage of free shipping or flat rate shipping from MSBS - I would pay more - because of the weight! I just make my orders from Canada well worth it. :D And watch for their sales...I just ordered from Avian Stainless and the shipping was very reasonable.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
One that I've stumbled on recently that you really might try is Byrdbell.com who is in the US. Their toys are incredibly impressive, especially for the price. I can honestly say that I could never produce what she does for the money she is asking. I'm not sure how she stays in business. Her toys are not going to be exactly like Danita's but she does use a lot of naturals in her designs. I really give her two thumbs up.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Doesn't parroteelia offer free shipping when you order a certain dollar amount?