• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dehumidifiers! Need recs and help please!

pogona

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Chelsea
I need some recommendations for a good, safe dehumidifier. (I don't actually know if they can be dangerous for birds, but I am paranoid. :()

Boyfriend's fish tanks are suffocating us. Since the weather has cooled off and the AC isn't running all the time, the humidity hangs around 70%. It's an older house, so I am afraid of mold going crazy.

If you have one you have used reliably around your birds, PLEASE let me know what kind! I am lost and only found a couple of suggestions so far. Thank you!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
bump :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I don't have any experience with your situation but have had fish and birds at different times. My gut feeling would be to move either the birds or the aquarium(s) into a different room away from each other. Using a dehumidifier in a room that has an/several aquarium(s) in it doesn't make sense (to me) because you'll be drying up the water from the aquariums slowly (very, very slowly). I don't have the scientific expertise to explain what I'm trying to say but to me it would be like putting a dehumidifier in a room with an indoor pool.