• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Harnessed an Ollie

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have never seen a parrotlet in a harness before. Which company makes them that small?

Matt

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I have never seen a parrotlet in a harness before. Which company makes them that small?

Matt
Actually, I have several harnesses that fit little Ollie. This one is leathers4feathers, and it's well made if I do say so myself!

This is the flight suit (birdie diaper) by avianfashions.

And here he is in Mini Wings Parrotlet Harness :)

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Which do you find to be least annoying to your birds? Flight suit or harness? Thinking about getting one for my GCC, but since he has not been handled much until the last month or so (I adopted him), I am not sure which would be better. He loves to go outside and I feel bad when he is in his little travel cage, but also don't want to undo the training of going into the traveller.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Which do you find to be least annoying to your birds? Flight suit or harness? Thinking about getting one for my GCC, but since he has not been handled much until the last month or so (I adopted him), I am not sure which would be better. He loves to go outside and I feel bad when he is in his little travel cage, but also don't want to undo the training of going into the traveller.
It really depends. Either Ollie is just caving to my persistance, or he likes the leather one better, but he's adjusting to this one far quicker. :D

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
@Mr Peepers When spring time rolls around, and he's mr. eager beaver to get outside, he'll understand what all this torture was really meant for. Hehe.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I've got a cockatiel and for her the flight suit that you take off backwards confuses her less. Anything that secures in the front she thinks I want her to 'step up'. Of course, I haven't been quite as persistent with the harnesses when you can buy a jungle vest without the diaper part on it that still has the velcro on the back like the bird diapers as well. This is my personal experience. I use different types of harnesses as well, depends on how far I want her to be able to go honestly. Like Ashley, I think it depends on your determination and what your bird tolerates.

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I've got a cockatiel and for her the flight suit that you take off backwards confuses her less. Anything that secures in the front she thinks I want her to 'step up'. Of course, I haven't been quite as persistent with the harnesses when you can buy a jungle vest without the diaper part on it that still has the velcro on the back like the bird diapers as well. This is my personal experience. I use different types of harnesses as well, depends on how far I want her to be able to go honestly. Like Ashley, I think it depends on your determination and what your bird tolerates.
Where do you find the jungle vests? Tried google and I got actual human camo vests. :lol:A little too big for this itty bitty GCC...

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Awwww, he loves it.
:lol:

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Where do you find the jungle vests? Tried google and I got actual human camo vests. :lol:A little too big for this itty bitty GCC...
:coffeescreen: made my day, and it's been a stressful one!
Jungle Wear Bird Diaper Parrot Suit
They make bird diapers too, I honestly like how their straps aren't made of elastic like a lot of the ones from Avian Fashions. They're pretty sturdy. Sadly, I have no picture of Nafesh in her Jungle vest but she looks great in it (maybe I'm biased)

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
:coffeescreen: made my day, and it's been a stressful one!
Jungle Wear Bird Diaper Parrot Suit
They make bird diapers too, I honestly like how their straps aren't made of elastic like a lot of the ones from Avian Fashions. They're pretty sturdy. Sadly, I have no picture of Nafesh in her Jungle vest but she looks great in it (maybe I'm biased)
I do like those, but also like the leads that velcro into the suit from Avian Fashions. The clips look a little heavy. Wonder of the two are compatible?

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I do like those, but also like the leads that velcro into the suit from Avian Fashions. The clips look a little heavy. Wonder of the two are compatible?
The velcro on the jungle vest is a narrower strip than Avian Fashions. Similar but definitely not the same size.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
adorable! :heart: