• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where the heck to get f10?

MadScientist

Sprinting down the street
Everywhere is out of stock and it's driving me bananas! My safe bird store, Amazon... Has it been outlawed or something? Is there any alternative? I even sent my sister to look for it at a local bird store with no luck!

For the record, I am in the US. I have been able to find additional vendors, but none that ship to the US. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Since it was getting so hard to find, I switched to Pet Focus which for me is a good alternative.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If all else fails a local store to me has it and I can see how much to ship from me to you in the US? It is unlikely to be cheap tho. :(

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I believe you can get F10 from here Disinfectant Products It seems quite expensive (and due to shipping is much more than it cost in the US), but it lasts forever because it is so concentrated. The normal mixtures for general and high disinfecting ar 1ml:500ml water or 1ml:250ml water.

Hope they will ship. I'm having to get mine from my vet now.

Reactions: JAM

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Winged victory store popped up when I googled

Figment

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Since it was getting so hard to find, I switched to Pet Focus which for me is a good alternative.
Do you use Pet Focus on wood perches? The directions mention only using on non-porous surfaces, so I've been hesitant. The directions on the concentrate bottle actually scare me a little! :o: I'll get out the rubber gloves when using a 1 oz:1 gal ratio on the metal cage and let it dry for quite a while, due to all the scary warnings. I'm sure I'm over-thinking it.

I hope you're able to find F10, or at least an alternative, MadScientist. :(

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Yes, I use it on wood perches. I don't rinse the perches. Others may use it differently so please don't just go by my opinion. I get the concentrate and am careful of the ratio. I was also careful when using F10 as per their directions.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
You can get it from vet n pet direct. I use the super concentrate because it's cheeper and lasts forever.

MadScientist

Sprinting down the street
I believe you can get F10 from here Disinfectant Products It seems quite expensive (and due to shipping is much more than it cost in the US), but it lasts forever because it is so concentrated. The normal mixtures for general and high disinfecting ar 1ml:500ml water or 1ml:250ml water.

Hope they will ship. I'm having to get mine from my vet now.
They will not ship it to the US, unfortunately :sad1: . It seemed like they would, but if you want to ship internationally they make you purchase from their "international" online store. There, the availability of products appears to be limited by what has been approved in each country and it will not let US/Canada purchasers buy f10.

The only option for those of us in the US appears to be either Ebay (which only had one seller!) and potentially vetnpetdirect. I went ahead and bought it off Ebay because I have a super active account and I know I will get my money back if it's lost in the mail.

Does anyone have any additional information on pet focus? I've already bought the f10, but it would be good information for others who don't have the money to spend. It does not appear to have the same efficacy, but I do not have any information to back this up beyond information on Amazon.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I have gotten mine in the past from Dr Walt's and went to his web site and it was not listed on there. I tried calling last night but no answer and just got off the phone with him now. He has it but I did not bother asking the prices as I know his prices were cheaper. He said the distributer he got it from used to live in England but moved to Florida and during that time getting it was hard.

Here is his web site. The cell number is incorrect on there but he said it was ok to post the good one. 580-743-0702. He has his home number on there too. He only checks his email about once a week and we laughed when I asked him to check it a little more often in the next few days. Hope he follows through and gets it back onto his web site. When I ordered it in the past he would send it out to you first and then you can send him a check.

Dr. Walt's Bird Supplements | Contact Us

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Do you know why they're doing testing?

From what I can recall the F10SC was the only one cleared for use in the US. They were trying to clear the rest of the F10 products and they wanted more testing, the SC was thrown back into the testing mix. ( don't quote me, this is what I recall ) I would call Winged Victory's and ask if you would like to know more Karen. I believe they were an actual distribtor for the product. They do not know when more will be available though. :(

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
OK - I emailed the manufacturer of F10 after I could find no mention of F10 on the FDA testing site. Here is the answer I got back;

"Hello Mary Lynn

Thank you for your support for our F10 products.

Let me first of all clarify the situation:-
F10biocare has never had ownership of the F10 products range. It is a name Meadows Animal Healthcare Ltd, one of our distributors in the UK, used when advertising to embrace F10 products. They accept this is causing unnecessary confusion and have agreed to close down this web page.
Unfortunately a gap in the US supply chain did occur due to the relocation of our distributor. We have re-established distribution of F10 disinfectants in the USA with Berry Zoo who I have copied and will be more than happy to take your order.
F10 disinfectants are fully registered with the EPA, the FDA are not involved with disinfectants. However we are in the final stages of adding to our US product offering with our F10 topical treatment products which will be legally marketed through the FDA MUMS Indexing Scheme.

Best regards

JOHN TEMPERLEY
Health and Hygiene (Pty) Ltd
Direct line Tel: +27 (0)21 876 4596
Fax: +27 (0)865539300
Cel: 0832264869
F10 PRODUCTS LIMITED
F10 disinfectants and treatment products treatment of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu), Newcastle Disease, IBD, Parvo and PBFD"

So it seems that the vendor on Ebay is their new distributor; Mel@berryzoo.com. It didn't say if Berryzoo would be distributing to our other vendors such as "WingedVictory" and "MBSBS". But I just emailed Berryzoo and asked - will let you know when I get an answer.

Last edited:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for checking into this!