• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Weight progression

Rebekka

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone:) I've been trying to find a weight progression chart for lovebirds but I can't seem to:/ I'm worried because my lovie doesn't seem to gain weight even though he's growing taller/longer. He's currently 6 weeks old but only 41grams. Is this normal? He's a seagreen! Could anyone give me a rough guideline of weight progression with age?:)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
bump :)

LoveBird<3

Walking the driveway
Well, I'm definitely not an expert, but I got my lovie when she was around six weeks old. By the time they're mature, they should be between 45 and 60 grams. Since yours is young, I think 41 grams is fine. As long as he seems to be eating well. When he starts molting (just before four months), he'll start to eat more, and that's when he might get up to 45. I think my lovie got up to, like, 47-48 grams when she was molting (but maybe she's abnormal). :)

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Also when they start to fledge (learning to fly) they can maintain and.even drop a little weight. Thier brain says i need to be lighter to fly. Happy never lost weight but there was about a 7 day period where she didnt gain. She is soon 8 mo and currently is between 44 and 46
She is tall and lean mostly but occasionally will get more rounded depending on what ive fed her veggy wise lately,