• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A welcome home from Milton...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Somebody obviously loved Milty very, very much :(

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Somebody obviously loved Milty very, very much :(
Yes, that's true, they did a wonderful job in raising Milty. They "paid it forward" for Milty, and we benefit from that love and care. I feel that we must continue to "pay it forward"...for Milty- and to honor his first owner... :heart:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
10 pages of likes and dislikes? WOW! Did you get him directly from his previous owner?

Sorry - I'm late in the game and don't know Milty's story . . . .just that I love reading about him.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Milty loves daddy. But daddy made a mistake. He stopped the scritches too soon.

Sorry you were in the hospital.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
10 pages of likes and dislikes? WOW! Did you get him directly from his previous owner?

Sorry - I'm late in the game and don't know Milty's story . . . .just that I love reading about him.
We adopted Milton from a rescue in Rochester, NY. He had one previous owner...when he passed away, his daughter took Milty in. She lost her home, and had to give Milty up to the rescue.

Milty is an example- there are so many birds waiting to come to their new home at rescues. Please consider them when you open your heart to a new addition to your flock... :heart:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm glad that you are feeling better and I hope that you recover soon. It's great that Milty was so happy that you are home. Bella still hasn't forgiven me for my hospital stay.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
We had to take the parrots off premises during installation of furnace. It broke my heart, MC went to the corner of his travel cage and pressed himself there ...his little head scrunched on the top.

They knew my daughter and her family, just hadn't been to her house.

I can't fathom the pain that girl went through to give up Milty. I hope she knows how much he is loved and how much he loves you.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We had to take the parrots off premises during installation of furnace. It broke my heart, MC went to the corner of his travel cage and pressed himself there ...his little head scrunched on the top.

They knew my daughter and her family, just hadn't been to her house.

I can't fathom the pain that girl went through to give up Milty. I hope she knows how much he is loved and how much he loves you.
I can't agree more. It just makes me more determined to give Milty all the best... :)

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Really hope you are feeling better! Milton surely missed you so much. Sounds like separation anxiety. Milty is so loved and he knows it.:hug8:

Last edited:

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Milty :heart: :heart: Hope you're feeling better, Bob. I'm going under the knife on Thursday, but I'll be home the same day. Hope they can deal with crutches.

And, can I say for the record, the thought of Zuni in a hospital makes me CRINGE. So many things to 'fix'. I can't even imagine the havoc.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milty :heart: :heart: Hope you're feeling better, Bob. I'm going under the knife on Thursday, but I'll be home the same day. Hope they can deal with crutches.

And, can I say for the record, the thought of Zuni in a hospital makes me CRINGE. So many things to 'fix'. I can't even imagine the havoc.
Sending out good thoughts for your upcoming surgery, Cara. When I sprained my ankle a few months ago, I used crutches- and the reactions weren't positive. I scared the littles :eek: :eek: :eek:....Milton wanted to eat the crutches... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Will add you to my prayers Cara - (and just FYI - amazons ROCK, crutches didn't seem to bother those dudes)