• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I survived my first macaw bite (warning: graphic)

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My grey lingers :pinklol2:, well I guess it isn't funny though :cautious:

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Not that it makes it feel better but you did survive this one and know you can survive the next one also. Just don't forget that warning signal.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This reminds me of when Mera my scarlet macaw, bit me for the first time. She was almost weaned and 5 months old. She bit my left hands index finger NAIL. It took about 6 months for that sucker to be 100% normal again.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's a bite!! That one needs to be posted in the "Bite" thread - which I can't find right now, or I would provide the link to it.

QBird

Jogging around the block
Ouchie, yes they do tend to recover from biting us faster then we do at times.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
@Bokkapooh she is about 3 years old. I have a weird theory about why she might have bit me... She absolutely hates men. I'm not sure why, maybe a bad experience in the past? Anyways I have a pixie cut and I am blonde, like one of my brothers that she really doesn't like. And when I came down to feed her I had just gotten out of the shower so I was not wearing make up and my hair was undone. On top of that it was getting dim outside so there wasn't a lot of light. Maybe she didn't recognize me and thought I was a boy for a second? o_O

LemonGrass

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:eek: :wideyed: yikes!!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Macaw bites hurt! I can testify to that. I'm always very careful sticky fingers in cages. I make sure those eyes (and feathers) tell me it's OK first.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
@Bokkapooh she is about 3 years old. I have a weird theory about why she might have bit me... She absolutely hates men. I'm not sure why, maybe a bad experience in the past? Anyways I have a pixie cut and I am blonde, like one of my brothers that she really doesn't like. And when I came down to feed her I had just gotten out of the shower so I was not wearing make up and my hair was undone. On top of that it was getting dim outside so there wasn't a lot of light. Maybe she didn't recognize me and thought I was a boy for a second? o_O
My sister got her hair cut short for the first time in YEARS and Lurch immediately decided she was evil and must die :wideyed: He was all over eying her funny and dive bombing her and trying to bite her neck when close, She finally put what was left in a sorta bun and that seemed to make him decide she was her again.
He also goes homicidal when I wear a hat he's not used to seeing me in and has bit my neck bad enough to take out a chunk and grabbed my arm so hard and violently that he woke up my sister when he screamed and grabbed on like a pit bull.
Took me a bit to figure out what set him off and now when I see that look in his eyes I check my hat and remove it if wrong and stay outa his way till he calms down :facepalm:

tapahtyn

Moving in
Real Name
jenn
that's horrible, my macaw has bitten my face and ear, not directly because of me, but when my husband walked by, biting my face, I actually cried!! :(