• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oven Fresh Bites samples

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Received and appear to be a hit with Roma!
IMAG1908.jpg
Cran-Blueberry Munchies(2oz), Regular Oven Fresh Bites (4oz), and Veggie Delight Munchies (2oz). Gave Roma a Cran-Blueberry and he absolutely loved it!! Eyes half closed and happy purring after the first couple bites. And they smell WONDERFUL!!
I did have to crumble it a bit, but a larger bird would not have a problem.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I tried those,,,no, no, no, no. :meh:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
But they smell so good! I am even tempted. :lol: Only tried the one flavor so far. Will try another flavor tomorrow and the regular bites at dinner. Got to reading it a bit and the munchies are 24% crude fat, but the regular are only 6%. Munchies are definitely a once in a while treat.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Received my samples today also...just tried the oven bites so far...and so far - no one is impressed. :(

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
:( well, at least they were free, right?

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
These are something a bird loves or hates. My b&g is a big fan, but Ivory, bare eye too, thinks they are awesome to use for distance projectile tossing practice. When I first gave them to her, I thought wow not even a piece left, finally something she'll eat. Yeah, happy dance. . It was during the happy dance I stepped on the hard jagged nuggets a good 6' from her cage. . Happy dance ends, silent cursing begins while picking up every single nugget that landed under furniture and in the closet....

:hehe:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
These are something a bird loves or hates. My b&g is a big fan, but Ivory, bare eye too, thinks they are awesome to use for distance projectile tossing practice. When I first gave them to her, I thought wow not even a piece left, finally something she'll eat. Yeah, happy dance. . It was during the happy dance I stepped on the hard jagged nuggets a good 6' from her cage. . Happy dance ends, silent cursing begins while picking up every single nugget that landed under furniture and in the closet....

:hehe:
Olympics bound birdy! :lol:

Kimberla

Avenue Veteran
Got my samples....................The service was great. They mailed them in record time. And.............no one at my house will touch them. Not the big guys or my little girl. It must be too healthy. They don't do nutriberries or parrot biscuits. They love their fresh veggies and fruit tho. I thought they might just try them. I understand Newbie GCC and using them for projectiles

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Did you just write to the company and ask for samples?

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
I called them directly.

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I just sent an email.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Received my samples quickly...I have 5 birds - 4 tiels and a lovebird...no one was impressed with the oven fresh bites ...tried the cran-blueberry - surely they would LOVE those - they smell awesome! I was even tempted to try it :rolleyes: - no - no one seems to like those... one sample left - the veggie delight...

Kimberla

Avenue Veteran
I sent an email. They responded in minutes. The requested an address and they must have mailed them that afternoon. I had them in 2 days. they sent 3 different selections in small packages. They smelled awesome. One package is a softer cookie. The second is a small square that is fairly hard. The third is a hard biscuit. I try to hide them in foraging toys and I get that look. Everyone here knows that look. By the way, the harder ones are tough on bare feet. LOL! :sneaky:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I put them in the food processor to grind and then added to the food. They smell good!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Yeah mine are pretty split on this! I have the regular ones and my bare eyed cockatoo will eat them and my sun loves them (which is a good thing since he won't eat pellets all that willingly). I got them for my amazon but he won't touch them.

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
I tried these a while ago. My macaws liked them at first, and then lost interest when the novelty wore off. Not one of my 6 birds will touch a Nutri-berry, which is fine with me. I don't see them as that healthy....

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
That sounds like my Roma. He just does not like nutriberries. will pull them out of his foragers and chunk them to the dog! :lol: