• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noises birds make when they first wake up?

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
Oh boy, mornings are loud here! Jasper usually starts out with singing Jingle Bells or the Quaker song. Gilbert will follow along with Jasper. Marshall just microwave beeps and makes a few contact calls. Josie starts out by whistling the Mario Bros theme song and will escalate her loudness depending on how long it takes me to make their breakfast. If I take too long she will start singing her song, "Josie Bear! Flying here and there and everywhere! We're talking Josie BEAR! BEAR! BEAR!"
a cacophony of music!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh boy, mornings are loud here! Jasper usually starts out with singing Jingle Bells or the Quaker song. Gilbert will follow along with Jasper. Marshall just microwave beeps and makes a few contact calls. Josie starts out by whistling the Mario Bros theme song and will escalate her loudness depending on how long it takes me to make their breakfast. If I take too long she will start singing her song, "Josie Bear! Flying here and there and everywhere! We're talking Josie BEAR! BEAR! BEAR!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That's a WONDERFUL way to start the day.... :)

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I have no idea if Peanut starts with quieter noises or not but the first thing I hear are her piercing contact calls.
ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreechScreeScreechScreeScreech
OMG Peanut, pause take a breath or something. I'm begging you.
She's either awake before I am or I'm already gone from the house at class. :lol:
She's my alarm squawk on the weekends.

Edit:
When I do uncover her she goes quiet immediately and is ready to come out.
Some times I get a squeaky 'twoot twnooinin' which is Peanut's attempt at 'good morning' and the first phrase she ever started repeating. (I think. Her voice is so hard to understand most of the time she may have been talking a lot longer without me noticing she wasn't just whistleing.)

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Noises they make...actually most of them talk. What I usually hear: "Good Morning" and/or "Go to sleep" (if someone has awakened too early for their liking) :D

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
Rudy, my YN amazon, says good morning first thing and then says hello. Merlin, my b&G macaw, doesn't say anything. He's such a good boy and has come long way over the past 13 years -- no more screaming in the morning or evening.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have no idea if Peanut starts with quieter noises or not but the first thing I hear are her piercing contact calls.
ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreech ScreeScreechScreeScreechScreeScreech
OMG Peanut, pause take a breath or something. I'm begging you.
She's either awake before I am or I'm already gone from the house at class. :lol:
She's my alarm squawk on the weekends.

Edit:
When I do uncover her she goes quiet immediately and is ready to come out.
Some times I get a squeaky 'twoot twnooinin' which is Peanut's attempt at 'good morning' and the first phrase she ever started repeating. (I think. Her voice is so hard to understand most of the time she may have been talking a lot longer without me noticing she wasn't just whistleing.)
I can FEEL that call just by reading it... :)

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
I can hear Joey chattering quietly when I wake up. As soon as I know he's up, he starts calling to me to let him out of his cage. I'm lucky -- he rarely is noisy in the morning.

tastybeets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Indiana talks to himself, but he can't words right yet, so he just makes the inflections of common phrases. Einstein is dead quiet until he's uncovered, so he's naturally my favorite :x3: .

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Get on You Tube and search for lorikeets morning and evening calls. Nuff said lol.

James85

Meeting neighbors
Tashik The Tailess Terror (see avatar photo) is well beahved, we don't cover the front of the cage so he can see out and see us in bed. He's usually up before us but he just hangs on the front of his cage peering out until we get up. Once the cage door is opened though its a different story. The day has started and he wants EVERYONE to know it. Screaches for a good 20-30mins (awful if uve indulged in some refreshments the night before). Then it's time to start hs day and he goes about his usual business.

QBird

Jogging around the block
Mine usually start with quiet contact calls, but this will escalate into a loud call if i am not careful (or in the case of Koo he calls us a very bad word if we ignore him).

Interesting what was said above with regards to evenings as this is when mine chatter the most especially the talkers or those practicing ;)

QBird

Jogging around the block
Ah and the B & G would usually let you know if she's released the crowd by telling herself off in my housekeeper's voice. :facepalm:

Kristy29

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kristy Varunan
Kiwi usually starts with some contact calls but if she's lonely or covered (she only gets covered when dh is working overnights in her room) she'll start screaming as loud as she can. I ignore it and will lay in bed for half an hour or more if she continues because I don't want her to learn that when she screams mom shows up. As soon as she's quiet I'll get up and go uncover her or talk to her or open her cage. Then she usually chirps and chatters. Yesterday she was so quiet in the morning it was really strange. I even uncovered her before she was out of her happy hut and she just looked at me like it's not really time to get up is it? It was 8 lol. I'm thinking dh must have kept her awake with his conference calls poor girl.

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
Joey makes quiet sounds while I'm waking up. Once he knows that I'm up, the starts calling to me to let him out.

QBird

Jogging around the block
Spoke too soon :banghead:
Boys were arguing yesterday morning and the Macaw joined in! So this morning she decided to start the shouting match at close to full volume :eek:
It's a good job I love her and the boys ;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Mine are quiet. When I walk by to make coffee I say good morning. MC grunts. They both ruffle feathers, eat or drink. When I go to get dressed for work THEN it begins. MC shouting what you doing? Secret wolf whistling (thanks hubs).

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
We have a fairly quiet time at first. I quietly say "good morning" before I lift the cover and wait until I hear that wing stretch sound that tells me she's awake. Then when I lift the cover and open the door, she waves with her foot, I give a scritch, and away we go to the day cage. Depending on how hungry she is, I may get silence, a single chirp, or a string of demanding calls between bringing her out and bringing her breakfast!

:gal2:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
The cockatiels and the budgies start quiet when the sun is bright enough to stimulate them, and then get louder as they greet one another and start foraging. Emmie and Sunny stay quiet until they hear my first alarm go off, then they call for me. Sunny does her two note contact call (I am upstairs in the front of the house; they are in the back of the house on the first floor.) I call out a "Hello". Emmie starts with loud cockatiel calls, a very loud screech from a budgie being chased by Sunny, and then he gives me the melodic song of the biggest canary on earth! "Hello, Emmie. On my way with breakfast." He quiets down then until I come into the room with breakfast. As I shut the door to the birdroom, Oscar Red-Bellied gives a raucious, loud call and Emmie tells him to "Shut Up!" Then I give out breakfast and there is silence while everyone eats, except Sunny, who comes to me and gets scritches.