• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African ringneck

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Does anyone know of any breeders in USA of African ringnecks? If you do, please send me PM :roflmao:

Last edited:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Are you looking for parent raised birds or hand raised birds?

I don't know of any breeders personally, but there are a lot of parent raised/wild caught ARN's out there apparently... finding a breeder with hand raised chicks might be a little difficult.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
This breeder previously had "ringnecks" available. I'm not sure what kind. Although it doesn't look like he has any current babies, you might want to contact him to see if he will have any: Silverniteaviary.com - Home

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
They are selling indian ringnecks @sunnysmom

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
They are selling indian ringnecks @sunnysmom
Thanks!
I'll keep my eyes out for an african ringneck. I found an aviary in California that had an adult pair that were not tame and the person I talked to didn't know if they were a breeding pair or not :confused:.

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Another suggestion: My favorite website is birdbreeders.com. It allows you to search a breed of bird and even a state to find a breeder in that area! That is where I found the GCC breeder I was going to use until I found Kiwi. :dance4:I just checked and they don't have any at the moment but you should keep checking! They are a great website.

Last edited:

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Another suggestion: My favorite website is birdbreeders.com. It allows you to search a breed of bird and even a state to find a breeder in that area! That is where I found the GCC breeder I was going to use until I found Kiwi. :dance4:I just checked and they don't have any at the moment but you should keep checking! They are a great website.
Thank you for the suggestion :)

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
Does anyone know of any breeders in USA of African ringnecks? If you do, please send me PM :roflmao:
I would be interested if you find any breeders of African Ringnecks? Thanks

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
I would be interested if you find any breeders of African Ringnecks? Thanks
I haven't looked in a long time. If I find any I'll let you know.

We adopted an Indian ringneck (name is Sky) a couple years ago that needed a home in our area and after seeing living conditions and his diet the prior owner had him on we couldn't leave him there. My husband has become Sky's special person, he tolerates me, hehe. I did come across an African ring neck at petco a few months ago, it was so tempting to take it home as it look so sad and feather condition did not look very well, but we are at our limit for fids (3) - according to my husband :wacky:

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
I found a place in California that gets in from time to time parent raised African Ringnecks but doesn't say from whom or how often and has none now, there has to be a breeder of these birds somewhere out there?
I also found a lady that has put a pair together but doesn't know if they will produce or not who is keeping me posted. I read that ARN are much pickier about mates and breeding than IRN's, and when not well suited for each other they can even kill each other.
Then lastly there is the place I bought Moto from "The Finch Farm" but they are not the breeder and they are not hand raised.

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
I haven't looked in a long time. If I find any I'll let you know.

We adopted an Indian ringneck (name is Sky) a couple years ago that needed a home in our area and after seeing living conditions and his diet the prior owner had him on we couldn't leave him there. My husband has become Sky's special person, he tolerates me, hehe. I did come across an African ring neck at petco a few months ago, it was so tempting to take it home as it look so sad and feather condition did not look very well, but we are at our limit for fids (3) - according to my husband :wacky:
OK just wanted to let you know that I actually found a breeder and she is local. She also has a connection a couple hours away that also breeds African Ringnecks.
Currently she has a breeding pair and waiting to see if they lay a clutch, they have been together and breeding for 2 years. She hand raises all her birds. She breeds true to true.
She told me of a fellow breeder that also breeds ARN but they cross breed for color and I am not really interested in that. I love the natural true neon green color. She was going to check with him and see if they have any clutches.
These breeders are in Florida.