• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Custome Made Budgie Gym

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My budgies have stood on the gym but not for long. I do think this gym could be enjoyed by birds as large as a CAG. There is no small, medium sizes. The entire creations of Rick are custom made. You can even buy the wood for making one. His perched are fabulous.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on your/their progress. They are very cute, btw.
What are the diameters of the branches? I've been going back and forth regarding the diameters I want. I'm thinking that my stand will mainly be for my smaller birds...dusky conure and Pois so looking at 3/4" to 1", maybe one a little larger.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I did not discuss branch diameters with Rick. Just told him I had budgies. Have you ordered it yet? Takes him a while to make one. Cannot wait to see yours.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did not discuss branch diameters with Rick. Just told him I had budgies. Have you ordered it yet? Takes him a while to make one. Cannot wait to see yours.
Yes, I ordered a small and large play gym. He said he would call me to further discuss the small but I didn't hear from him, waited a week and called and left a message but still haven't heard back. I made a few changes and went back and forth with what I wanted so maybe he thought I wasn't sure or maybe he is just busy. I also ordered some perches double sided mounts and single sided mount. The last time I spoke with him was not the best day for me because my bare-eyed had a major seizure so I was upset and probably rambled on a bit. Bare-eyed is fine, btw. When she gets very frightened or stressed she will sometimes seizure and it is extremely scary for her as well as for me. I put her on a stand for about a minute and that seemed to set her off.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yes he is very busy and will eventually answer his phone. He is in California so there is a time difference to the east coast. can't wait to see your gym and perches.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In the same time zone as him here in Parrotdise. :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Rich called today and they will start working on the gyms and the perches. I am very much looking forward on getting these. :) I will post photos when I get them.