• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Digby Pics!

Abigail

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My love for Digby just can't be put into words! He is such a sweet boy, and I truly believe he has a good heart. He's got his issues but we are working on them and I can tell he has really warmed up to me and loves my company, no matter how sassy he acts haha. I just wanted to share, I'm sure you all understand the love we have for our fids! :)

Attachments

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a handsome boy he is!! Look at those fluffy down feathers coming in! I just love Greys! :heart: :heart:

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Digby is a adorable bird and I love, love, love his name! :xflove: Keep posting! :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :heart2:

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
I'm seeing some improvements in his feather picking, although not as quickly as I'd like, it's better than nothing! I think he's a cute lil fluff ball. When posting these pics on FB and stuff, I've had so many people ask why he looks the way he does, and if he's a baby. I can't stand that. :(

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some people who are not familiar with parrots and the condition of plucking just will never understand. Just gently explaining and moving on with "I love him just the way he is! He is perfect!" Will usually shut them up! :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm seeing some improvements in his feather picking, although not as quickly as I'd like, it's better than nothing! I think he's a cute lil fluff ball. When posting these pics on FB and stuff, I've had so many people ask why he looks the way he does, and if he's a baby. I can't stand that. :(
All I see when I see the pics of Digby is HANDSOME... :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He is adorable. And that face :xflove:

CrystalLeo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christi
Awwwwwww he's so beautiful! Can't wait to see him when all those feathers have grown back in! He sure is one very handsome guy :p

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I love Digby so much! He is so adorable! :heart:

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Years ago I kind of felt bad for pluckers, then I owned one.
Rainbow plucks the feathers, down, and barbers. Right now she looks more naked than usual, but she's healthy and I love her. Now she's just my lovely, naked bird butt fid.
Taught me a lesson in humility :)
She's worth every bit of it, IMHO. Most other people think I'm slightly crazy.

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
Very unhappy. Was at my local parrot shop, getting Digby's nails trimmed and shopping for food and toys, and once Digby's nails were done he was waiting in his travel cage on the counter. Another customer comes up to me and says, "Is that your parrot?" and I say "Yup, that's Digby." And she makes a disgusted face and says, "Is he like... plucked? Or something?" And I explain to her, yes, he is plucked; I got him a few months ago and we are working on it, there has been improvement. She literally scowls while looking at him and walks away. Later on I hear her gossiping to someone about it.

I was tempted to slap her, but restrained myself.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Bless her heart! People don't understand plucking and unfortunately some in the avian world point fingers at people who have birds that pluck. It is quite frustrating for those who have tried everything. But you know he is well loved and that is what counts. Just keep on making a difference!

Last edited:

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
I got so defensive but I restrained myself. I just continued shopping. Ugh, some people....

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Very unhappy. Was at my local parrot shop, getting Digby's nails trimmed and shopping for food and toys, and once Digby's nails were done he was waiting in his travel cage on the counter. Another customer comes up to me and says, "Is that your parrot?" and I say "Yup, that's Digby." And she makes a disgusted face and says, "Is he like... plucked? Or something?" And I explain to her, yes, he is plucked; I got him a few months ago and we are working on it, there has been improvement. She literally scowls while looking at him and walks away. Later on I hear her gossiping to someone about it.

I was tempted to slap her, but restrained myself.
Sometimes you can enlighten someone, but for some reason, the person can't- or WON'T- see the light. I can see how you would be upset. We here know the score on Handsome Digby... :hug8:

Milton had his nails done today,also. He wasn't a good boy,though. He bit both people who were trimming his nails- then when he got home,he chewed one of the nails and cracked the tip of it. :eek:
We packed it off with flour, and he's fine now...

Abigail

Avenue Veteran
She was just in a bad mood already or something. She also had kids she was yelling at the entire time. They weren't doing anything wrong, either. She was just acting extremely nasty.