• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cheeky Clarence Cockatoo :)

CheekyBeaks

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ann-Marie
One of our local wild Sulphur Crested Cockatoos that we have named Clarence is getting to be quite bold, I found him waiting for me under the carport so I could put some food in the feeder He let me get within a couple of metres from him to get these pics and when I finally gave in and got some seed for the feeder he parrot waddled following behind me and flew about a metre from my face to get to the feeder, 'he's' such a beautiful bird. he also has his girlfriend with him but she is a little shy and stayed in the tree...

SulphurCrestedToo_01_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_02_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_03_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_04_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_05_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_06_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_07_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_08_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_09_05-09-14.JPG SulphurCrestedToo_10_05-09-14.JPG

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
He is very handsome! :xflove:

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Very brave and cheeky boy. A Too with attitude, imagine that... :p

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Listen human I expect MY feeder to be filled on time from now on. I let you get your pictures. :hehe: :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I guess that he knows a bird lover when he sees one!

Matt

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you noticed if the GSC2's in Australia vary much in different locations? Or maybe in different seasons showing more vibrant colors after a molt? I've seen some pictures of wild cockies where they have a thick white eye ring, very stocky build with short tail and pretty much no yellow cheek patches. I've seen others that look a lot more like my Ariel being just a little longer bodied, light yellow cheeks and thinner white skin around the eye. Could this just be regional variation, effects of sun exposure and age in terms of fading the cheeks and thickening the eye skin? I'm just always curious because I'm in no way convinced Ariel is a pure GSC2. Sometimes I look at pics of wild cockatoos and think they look like the spitting image of her so maybe she is pure. Other times I look at pictures and see there are some differences.

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
@melissasparrots

I have found that the sulphurs I have seen as pretty much the same as this fellow in the pics, I haven't noticed any yellow cheek patches, if they are there they would be very pale. Clarence is pretty dirty at the moment, I suspect he and is mate are nesting and have brown stains from hopping in and out of a tree hollow, but they are usually a pristine white.
I'm in QLD so is is possible that there are variations further south and I think New Guinea have sulphurs as well so there may be differences with those those.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Stunning---of course I started singing Born Free :sc2:

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I haven't noticed yellow cheeks on any of the sulphurs I have seen here in NSW.