• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet My New Rosy Bourke

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on your new feathered friend. Colors are very pretty.

LemonGrass

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on your new birdie :laughing12:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Looks like a winner to me no matter what sex. :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on him/her!

Matt

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Bourkes are beautiful birds, and I hear they are very sweet, congrats!!

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Oooh! Sorry for being so late! Your baby bourke is indeed beautiful ^-^. Mine (I think its a girl, i named her Citrus) became ill due to stressing trip, now she is taking meds but is doing much better. The bad thing is as she was really sweet at first (has free flight times and used to step on my leg while i was reading laying in bed, or come to my face and stare at me closely) she became hand shy because i had to give her drops by beak every 30MINUTES. I guess it is about time to make her trust me again, but i must say i am already in love of their sweet chirping and WONDERFUL personalities ^-^ :heart:

Birdaholic

Meeting neighbors
I just found out my rosy Bourke is a male. I named him Cassidy before I learned what sex he was. One of his back toes doesn't work properly, but it doesn't get in his way. So I decided to name him Hop-a-long Cassidy figuring that even if it was a girl, Cassidy would still be an okay name. He's hesitant to leave his cage even though he was hand fed. But I've been working with him every day and he sits on my shoulder. Bribing him with pieces of millet spray always works. ;)

Birdaholic

Meeting neighbors
Oooh! Sorry for being so late! Your baby bourke is indeed beautiful ^-^. Mine (I think its a girl, i named her Citrus) became ill due to stressing trip, now she is taking meds but is doing much better. The bad thing is as she was really sweet at first (has free flight times and used to step on my leg while i was reading laying in bed, or come to my face and stare at me closely) she became hand shy because i had to give her drops by beak every 30MINUTES. I guess it is about time to make her trust me again, but i must say i am already in love of their sweet chirping and WONDERFUL personalities ^-^ :heart:
I'm sorry to hear your baby has been ill. Just keep at it and it will learn to love you.