• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Where to find a Linnie near NYC?

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but not to birds. I had a pacific parrotlet for four years, until she died recently. I miss her every day, and I know I'll always love her. But I also always want to have a bird in my life - my p'let was such a great friend.

This time around, I'm hoping to find a lineolated parakeet. I've been doing a lot of research, and I think they might be the perfect bird for me. I live in an apartment with my husband - it's just us, no kids or other pets - and I'm a student, so I'll have time for my feathered friend. Our p'let was great, but she was also a real nipper, and she liked to yell at us a lot. I'm hoping for someone with a softer voice this time. :roflmao:

The thing is, where can I get a linnie? I've been calling pet stores, and I can't find one anywhere. So maybe you guys can help me out: where can I get a linnie in/near New York City? I don't have a car, so driving someplace far away isn't an option, but I'll go anywhere I can reach by train. Does anyone in/near NYC have linnies? Where did you find yours?

Thanks a lot!
Claudia

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for the tip! I appreciate your help, and will definitely use this site to see if I can find a birdie! :laugh:

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
Good luck on your search!! I'm currently trying to find a 2nd one :roflmao: