• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aztec Conures?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm always amazed/humbled when I stumble across yet another bird that I hadn't heard of before. A rescue near me has an Aztec Conure available for adoption. I have never heard of them before. He's definitely a cutie. Just curious- does anyone here have one? What are they like?

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:what: :what: :what:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

CrystalLeo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christi
Whaaaaaaa??? Never heard of them before. But you are right, they sure are beautiful! :geek:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Whaaaaaaa??? Never heard of them before. But you are right, they sure are beautiful! :geek:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. :) I hadn't heard of them either. There's one up for adoption if anyone is close to Western PA!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@CookieBird2014 has an Aztec, and she did join this forum briefly after getting her Cookie, but she didn't stay for long. She included pictures of him, too! I believe she's more active elsewhere.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are you considering adding to your flock? JamaicanConure3.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Are you considering adding to your flock? View attachment 185355
As tempting as he is, sadly no. Although I still have periodic doubts, I think my fiancé and I have decided that at this point in time we'd only take in an older tiel in need of a home. We're really not sure how Sunny will take to another bird since he has lived as a solo bird for almost 18 years and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy with sharing me. (Although I do sometimes wonder if I'm wrong......) But he is older and doesn't take to stress well- with his lowered immunity, which the vet thinks is age- related, it doesn't take much for him to get sick and with his stroke a few months ago, I don't want to change his routine too much. He pretty much has full run of the house and if we got a bird other than a tiel, I would be nervous about having them out unsupervised. And since Sunny unfortunately spent most of his life in his cage before us I don't want to have to start putting him in more because of another bird. Sorry- that was a long answer to your question. I guess sometimes I have to reaffirm things to myself because part of me would love more birds. :x3:

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I think you are spot on wanting Sunny to be the only bird for new.

Klomonx

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anastasia/Dorian
What rescue is this!????

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
As tempting as he is, sadly no. Although I still have periodic doubts, I think my fiancé and I have decided that at this point in time we'd only take in an older tiel in need of a home. We're really not sure how Sunny will take to another bird since he has lived as a solo bird for almost 18 years and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy with sharing me. (Although I do sometimes wonder if I'm wrong......) But he is older and doesn't take to stress well- with his lowered immunity, which the vet thinks is age- related, it doesn't take much for him to get sick and with his stroke a few months ago, I don't want to change his routine too much. He pretty much has full run of the house and if we got a bird other than a tiel, I would be nervous about having them out unsupervised. And since Sunny unfortunately spent most of his life in his cage before us I don't want to have to start putting him in more because of another bird. Sorry- that was a long answer to your question. I guess sometimes I have to reaffirm things to myself because part of me would love more birds. :x3:
Bravo to you :hug8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What rescue is this!????
Sorry- just saw this. Butler Parrots (through Pet Finder). The last I looked they had 3 different conures up for adoption. All cuties.

Last edited: