• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for another male eckie

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
So a few of you know our female Eckie Macey <3 My love and first ever parrot and rescue bird passed on. We took in a rescue handicapped CAG now named Freedom (blind, broken wing, damaged beak and broken toes) and now I think we are ready for another Eckie. Though we are looking at males this time to keep away from the egg laying... at least for now. I loved my females personality though.
Looked on Clist and found a lot of males needing homes all over the US.
Emailed a few different people who had listed their males hopefully one of them will be interested in shipping their male out to us.
If you see a male in your area with a low adoption fee (400 or lower) please feel free to message me or PM me. I am looking to adopt so we aren't looking to spend a lot... we already spend tons on spoiling them and blood tests etc for the first vet exam. Anyways if anyone sees a male in your area who needs a home let me know. Thank You! :hug8:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
bump :)

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Thanks. I have pretty much emailed every eclectus under $450.00 on clist in every city lol asking for more info and if they are willing to ship. So far no go but I am sure someone will be willing to ship

Joseph012

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I know this doesn't meet any of your requirements....but I have a 6 week old female that I can ship for $1000- includes crate, and aviator harness. Will be weaned to Zupreem natural and my mash. Ready in mid November.

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
thank you Joseph for your response. Though tempting I prefer to rescue when possible- so many adult birds out there who need homes. I am going to continue to look out for a rescue to come along though I really appreciate your post.

Joseph012

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I understand. No problem. Just putting it out there. I'm not sure if it's even allowed to put out there, so if it isn't I understand that as well. You are correct that there are a lot of birds that need a second chance with someone who knows what they are doing, and I wish you luck finding him! Since you are willing to have one shipped, I will keep an eye out for one in my area.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I know of a rescue with a female eckie. I believe she's been there for a quite awhile. I know they have rules on site visits, etc. I don't know if they'd make exceptions or be willing to work out something maybe with a rescue near you but I can pass on the info if you're interested in a female.

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I know of a rescue with a female eckie. I believe she's been there for a quite awhile. I know they have rules on site visits, etc. I don't know if they'd make exceptions or be willing to work out something maybe with a rescue near you but I can pass on the info if you're interested in a female.
If youd like to send me the info. Normally if you are outside of the area they work in they don't make exceptions but it never hurts to ask :)
I would have to see on their clipped policy since I don't clip my birds wings sadly a lot of rescues require their adopted birds to be clipped. :huh:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If youd like to send me the info. Normally if you are outside of the area they work in they don't make exceptions but it never hurts to ask :)
I would have to see on their clipped policy since I don't clip my birds wings sadly a lot of rescues require their adopted birds to be clipped. :huh:
Oops! She was still listed on Petfinder yesterday but I just went on the rescue's actual website to get you the contact info and it lists her as having been adopted. Sorry. :( I'll keep my eyes out for you.

Last edited:

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
its ok that is great for her glad she found a loving home :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
its ok that is great for her glad she found a loving home :)
Yes, especially since she seemed to have been there for awhile. (The tiel I had my eye on is gone too- both good and bad news.)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Kind of sad I emailed 25 people who listed their Eclectus from around the US only 2 people emailed me back... Hopefully that means the other people found loving homes for their birds and just forgot to remove the listing.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
emailed they never answered.

They wont ship :/

Ive contact about 25 ppl who have listed on clist. I use my search engine and save all the eckie listings :) and contact the ones who are around the price range I'm looking at. Thank You :)
i'll keep my :wideyed: open

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Hey guys I was dead set on trying to get a male this month... but I think I will just sit back and wait... I was trying to force getting one soon and I ended up getting really disappointed no one wanted to send their adoptable bird to me :mad: .
Understandably rescues want me to fly there visit the bird a few times and then drive there to pick up the bird. Lets be honest that would cost at least a grand if not more and though that may be fine for someone who doesn't work full time I do - that's how I afford to spoil my birds the way I do. :sour: SO I guess I will cool my jets and if one comes along in our area I will know it was meant to be :) :unsure1:

Please feel free to still send me any links or birds you find. I would still like to open my home up to an Eclectus in need in the future. :heart: