• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will this travel cage work to transport my 2 cockatiels and my parakeet?

LemonGrass

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't suppose you can call the company and ask how wide those slits are? Just looking at the the pic with the cat in it, if that's an average size cat, the parakeet can squeeze through. Need size measurements though to say for sure.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
You would need to put mesh around it so no heads squeeze through slits. I had problem a bit of cockatiel heads squeezing through slits of a cat carrier until I put mesh on. I would try another type of.carrier

Also I think airlines limit how many animals are in a carrier

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Have you checked with the specific airline that you're traveling on? I know some have specific rules about the type of carriers used, etc.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Consider the small animal soft side carrier. There is a hard firm cage that slides into a soft side carrier that has mess, and is ventilated on all sides. You would need to have both pieces and check with your airline carrier to make sure that is acceptable.

Angelwngs25

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kristina Marie Forsha
Consider the small animal soft side carrier. There is a hard firm cage that slides into a soft side carrier that has mess, and is ventilated on all sides. You would need to have both pieces and check with your airline carrier to make sure that is acceptable.
Where can I purchase that? Can you provide a link?

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
Also check with he airline you are flying on if they can even go in the same carrier......some will only let the same species in one carrier so you may need 2 carriers for the trip! One for the tiel and one for both keets.....

Angelwngs25

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kristina Marie Forsha
Also check with he airline you are flying on if they can even go in the same carrier......some will only let the same species in one carrier so you may need 2 carriers for the trip! One for the tiel and one for both keets.....
Um, it's 2 cockatiels and one Parakeet.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Do you usually house them all together in the same cage at home? If not they may hurt each other in the one carrier.

Tweeky

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kathleen
I have this one from Petmate. Altho we have never been on a plane I like it because I can see down into it.
cabin kennels | Petmate