• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Building is treating for roaches

Solayan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Our apartment building is treating for roaches next week. We haven't seen any in our suite, but they're doing the whole building to make sure they get rid of them. We've left a message with the landlord to try to find out what they're treating with, but haven't heard back yet. Based on the notice it looks like they're laying down some kind of bait inside of all the cupboards and drawers.

Even if it turns out to be non-toxic I think we'll still take Frodo out of the apartment for the day just to be safe. I got my boss's permission to bring him to work with me, so he can have an adventure :joyful:.

Is there anything else we should be doing before or after the treatment to help keep our little dude safe?

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:hug8: If THE Building is pet friendly, then they should be using non toxic substance. .personally I would ask them what it is they are using and do my research. .some companies don't take "birds" into consideration. ..hope this helps..

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
Yeah, there are oodles of pets in our building, and there are at least a couple of other tenants with birds. Unfortunately haven't heard anything back regarding what they are using. We're pretty sure that they will just be laying some kind of insecticidal bait down in the back corners of things, but hopefully we will find out for certain before they actually come in and do it.