• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Joey gave me a nasty bite

SueA555

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sue Anderson
He was flying over to me, like he does every day. I held out my hand, and he landed on my finger. But he lost his balance, and grabbed the first thing he saw -- my cheek. I put him in his cage right away, and put a band aid on my face to stop the bleeding. It wasn't like he did it on purpose. I will let him out again soon.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sucks, but at least it was a accident :( Lurch will get frustrated or something triggers him and we get a pinch or bite. When he does it becuase of something like that it's a bit easier to understand.
Good luck and stay friends and I hope you heal well and quickly :hug8:

Parhelion7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kylee
Ouch! Something very similar has happened to me. Once, Ziya got up on my head and slipped forward and - understandably - grabbed the first thing she could reach to stop her fall... unfortunately, that thing was my face. It was 100% my own fault for not immediately removing her, and she's absolutely not allowed to get herself into that situation ever again.

Hope you heal up soon! It's very scary, even when you know they didn't mean to hurt you. :hug8:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Hope you're ok. :hug8:

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
We are doing fine today -- back to normal. My face doesn't hurt anymore, although I may have a scar. Last night Joey and I were a little distant -- he wanted some skritches but didn't cuddle. He is a good birdie.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Jardine's definitely do give nasty bites. Bogart used to grab me really hard when he was trying to land but lose his balance.