• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures VERY Scary situation

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Thanks! @merlinsmom13 That's a good idea!

@Greycloud Wow! I am glad that everything ended alright in your situation as well! :D

@sunnysmom Thank you! We are too :)

@Birdiemarie Thank you :). I have a coconut fiber toy but I'm probably just going to throw that out after last night haha. I will definitely be looking into getting some skewers for the future!

@Skyler Thanks, I am SO glad that we were home as well and able to get it undone! I would recommend taking them off immediately after this situation haha. :D

@Newbie GCC Yes that is good, glad there is

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Glad he's okay! I cut the wood pieces off the string and slide them onto a skewer. :)
I cut mine off & skewer them too!!

I'm so glade the little guy is ok!!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
So glad that he was ok. You could also look at buying just yucca pieces, balsa or sola.

Reactions: Lo_

leslieg

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for the warning!! No more twine for my guys! But now that I know they like the yucca, I will be getting it and putting it on a skewer.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Just a little update on the situation. Echo is doing fine! He is playful as ever and eating and drinking just fine. I don't think I mentioned this but I thought it was so sweet, the night that he got all tangled up when I put him back in the cage the first thing he did was fly to his perch and immediately Percy went up to him and joined him. It's like he knew he was stressed out and was just by his side, preening him and keeping him company. Best friends for life :xflove:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I am so glad they are okay! What a scare. I too remove the wood from that toy. The wood is great, the rope is not.

Thank you for posting this. Toy safety is something we need to be vigilant about. You may have saved a life by your post so thanks for taking the time to share.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
@Laurie Yes we are very happy that everything was okay in the end too, thank you! :D
And yes, I never imagined that anything like that would happen with that toy so I thought it would be best to share it so that in the future people could avoid the situation! :heart: