• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Canary Wing Parakeets?

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
What are your opinions on these cute little guys? I honestly had never really known about them until about a few days ago, I'm really interested in learning more.

:shifty: Meant to say CANARY WINGED PARAKEET.

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I think they're cute, but prefer the grey cheeked and white winged variety myself.

As far as littlelittle parrots go, brotogeris parakeets are one of my favored species. Immerse yourself in the youtube videos. :roflmao:

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
I actually know very little on the canary wings. All I know is that they are very beautiful.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I met one at a bird show last year. He was extremely friendly and sweet but I'm not sure if that's their nature generally or just this bird. I do think that they're very cute.

birdle

I've never met any in person but my dad grew up with a bibi parrot. He said it was pretty loud, demanding, very in love with him and enjoyed being carried around and having its head scratched. I love their size and the way their beaks look.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I've never met any in person but my dad grew up with a bibi parrot. He said it was pretty loud, demanding, very in love with him and enjoyed being carried around and having its head scratched. I love their size and the way their beaks look.
So they can be VERY loud? Youch.

birdle

well loud is all relative. I imagine a bird of that size would maybe be as loud (volume wise not pitch) as a gcc? and i think the gcc might be a tiny bit bigger body wise. I've never heard one scream, maybe there are youtube videos of some screaming

RadhaVallabhi

My family fell in love with one at petsmart. :D So sweet and gentle, but he was WAY out of price range.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I believe that @birdlady has one.

Matt

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I had a grey cheek and a Canary wing... Both were Amazing little birds. You won't find a Grey cheek.. Believe me.

Canary wings are the best, but yes can be a bit noisy at times. Music to my ears

happykappy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
I have one. I picked him up in February, not hand fed, that being said he is getting better, nothing compared to my 2 hand fed cockatiels. Not noisy he clucks. Had them in separate cages but he prefers to bunk with cockatiels. Working on taming and regular step up.

Boston

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Debby Steele
My friend has one and she said they are very loud for a small bird.

Cyreen

My friend has one and she said they are very loud for a small bird.
Can't be worse than Lovebird babble (she types while listening to Jake yatter).

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Well I have heard that they are generally very friendly. My sister and I were once looking into getting them after meeting some georgious super friendly ones at that pet store. They are very expensive but well worth it. However I have never owned or known anyone who owns one.

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
I used to have a grey cheek. Dory was a wonderful bird -- very easy to tame and very affectionate. He was more my husband's bird, so I lost track of him after the divorce.