• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gryphon Has A Broken Toe

Teresa McKevitt

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I hope he heals fast. Poor thing.

Teresa

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you. A little better every day. :)
Unfortunately his cage arrived with the box all torn and three main pieces scarred up. I refused the shipment. So now we wait some more.. :unsure1:

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Hope Gryphon feels better soon and his toe heels up nice and quickly. :hug8: I know they seem to get so down when they have to be confined. Tweety was hurt bad last Dec and had to be confined for a while, she didn't like it one bit :(

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Hope the replacement cage arrives soon :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks so much. Me too Victoria! I did get the e-mail of a new order on Saturday. Hopefully by Tuesday? He is such a good boy, but he has to be about sick of being confined by now. Yesterday he started perching for the first time on flat perches. So far looking much better.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Good morning. I got the coughcoughpetco... brown mink. o_O While not exactly the color I would prefer, it had other features I wanted that I don't seem to be able to find presently in other cages.
For example~ Large, but not as huge as what he has. Somewhat stylish, vs. the big boxy shape of his current cage. A fold down door{porch} in the front. Not necessary, but he really likes them. 1/2" bar spacing. Skirts-his present cage doesn't have them, nor was that an option for it. This one also has a playtop and a tray underneath, another nice feature.
In case you missed it, we are waiting for cage #2 to arrive. The first one arrived beat up and I didn't accept the shipment.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hug8:

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
Glad to hear he is doing well! Poor little guy!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Gryphon is in his new cage and doing great. Elliot is his new neighbor, and he really seems to like him. Weird I know... :)

LemonGrass

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's annoying to get a banged up cage - such a hassle and a headache. Glad you got it sorted out and hope life is a bit easier now for Gryphon :dance4:

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Oh dear! So sorry to hear about Gryphon's accident, but very happy he is healing! A few months ago my Mousie broke her middle toe so bad that it was just hanging by skin. :( Had to be cut off, but she adjusted super well :) As for me... Well let's just say I cried like a little baby ;)