• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Shout out to CA Bird Nerds and MPBT

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
First, I placed an order with MPBT and they were great about making my custom order and letting me know it would be out this week. Great communication and customer service is very much valued in my world.

Then I want to send out a special shout out to CA Bird Nerds. To say I've had a bad few days would be an understatement. It was all topped off today by finding out that my dog, who has been having seizures, has right side heart failure and a possible tumor in his abdomen. Anyway, I didn't say that as a "poor as me," but to let you know what kind of time I've been having. I placed a small order with CA Bird Nerds and I got an email saying they were crediting my order $3. I have no idea why since I used the discount code and got my discount, but I just really appreciated that little bit of kindness. I would have been just as happy with the order the way it was, but today it just really helped my mental status out. So, YAY for CA Bird Nerds! I truly appreciate your kindness.

Last edited:

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Could the credit have been a shipping refund?? I know whenever I get a credit back from them or the other vendors that's what it is usually...Either way I'm glad it made your day a bit better! :D And I have to agree MPBT and CABN are AWESOME!

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
That is certainly kind! I love our AA vendors because they have the best toys and customer service. I'm currently having trouble with a non AA vendor, and I think they are slow to respond to my questions. I ordered 3 pedicure perches early August; one arrived, the other two (~$50) were on back order. They haven't communicated with me since my one perch came....sigh. That's why I stick to AA vendors as often as possible.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that you had a good experience! There are so many wonderful vendors who are members here. We are very lucky! Also, I am very sorry about your dog.

Matt

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
What's your custom toy like? :shy:
You might have seen one like it.... Looks just like this one with Korbel ;-)

Pictures - Oranges & MPBT = One Great Evening! | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I'm pretty sure Zoe will be swallowed by the thing, but I'm trying to encourage her to chew more. She has a very slight scissor beak and chewing will help keep that down.

I also ordered her the "Day At The Beach." I think she'll really like that one. And I ordered the sennies the cork stuffed planks and some extra corks in case they just eat the corks out of them.

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You will love it! It is really BIG!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Then it should take little 590g Zoe a bit to go through it, unlike Sam :)

That toy belongs to Korbel. :D He still has most of it and has only sampled pieces. Sams new toy is near gone but he still has his last birdie buffet... well half of it. ;)

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
First, I placed an order with MPBT and they were great about making my custom order and letting me know it would be out this week. Great communication and customer service is very much valued in my world.

Then I want to send out a special shout out to CA Bird Nerds. To say I've had a bad few days would be an understatement. It was all topped off today by finding out that my dog, who has been having seizures, has right side heart failure and a possible tumor in his abdomen. Anyway, I didn't say that as a "poor as me," but to let you know what kind of time I've been having. I placed a small order with CA Bird Nerds and I got an email saying they were crediting my order $3. I have no idea why since I used the discount code and got my discount, but I just really appreciated that little bit of kindness. I would have been just as happy with the order the way it was, but today it just really helped my mental status out. So, YAY for CA Bird Nerds! I truly appreciate your kindness.
I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. The refund was for the difference in shipping charges. Also, the coupon code doesn't always do the math correctly for the 10% discount so when the order ships I correct the discount amount. There is an updated invoice in the box that will tell you exactly what the refund was for. CA Bird Nerds always refunds excess shipping charges :) Thank you so much Karen for the shout out. :heart:

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. The refund was for the difference in shipping charges. Also, the coupon code doesn't always do the math correctly for the 10% discount so when the order ships I correct the discount amount. There is an updated invoice in the box that will tell you exactly what the refund was for. CA Bird Nerds always refunds excess shipping charges :) Thank you so much Karen for the shout out. :heart:
Thank you! I truly appreciate it. Your customer service is awesome!