• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Celebirdy for the month of September, 2014/Sambuca(Macawnutz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I am so excited to announce the Celebirdy for the month of September, 2014
Sambuca!!!!

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Here is what Sarah (Macawnutz) had to say about her beautiful Sambuca!

1. How did you acquire your bird?
Now that's a funny story. :laugh: Sambuca came from Tanya ( MysticsMom ). I knew she had a rescue and wanted to inquire about adopting another GW for my show after I retired Rosie. I contacted TMS as Tanya was not posting very often asked them to keep an eye out for an older female GW. :rofl: Well, I was promptly told they had a young male hybrid :hilarious: that swore like a trucker :confused: and he would be perfect for us. :laugh: My husband took one look at Sam's videos and swore that was the bird for him. Hubby was right, he is.

2. What is your bird's name, age and sex?
Sambuca ( Sam ) Born 12/24/2010 He will be four years old on Christmas Eve. :xflove: I say he but very soon we will be doing a DNA test just to be very sure. :p

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
Sam is a master manipulator. :joyful: He knows what he wants and stops at nothing to achieve it. Somehow he always seems to get his way in the end... one way or another.

4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?
Food is Sam's favorite food. If you have food or he thinks you have food he yells at the top of his lungs hoping you will share. Meal times are really loud, you would think the chunky boy was starving and missed two days worth of meals. If we had to choose some favorite foods he loves all nuts, pea pods, peppers and butternut squash.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
I love listening to his grievances. Even daily for as many months as we have had him they make me laugh. He sits on my lap doing this funny fast head movement rubbing his shoulder with his head. All the while jibber jabbering words that sound more like complaints than anything. He goes on and on, it's much more entertaining than giving him a suggestion box. :roflmao:

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
My husband and Sam are inseparable. I think they are a perfect match for each other and each one keeps the other in line. they are outside buddies, sit on the couch and watch football buddies. We could not ask for a better best friend. :xflove:

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
Sam is a Camalot macaw. ( catalina x scarlet ) I think to own a macaw, even most parrots, you have to be a person to go with the flow and always look at the positives. Macaws are messy, loud and will out think you on a daily basis. The bigger the mess, the more fun they had. When they are loud it's usually a reminder for something or a warning. I love knowing UPS is coming when they are four stops away still. :rolleyes: The fact that they can outsmart me just means I have to get more creative and stay more on my toes. They never let me live a boring day. :laugh:

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
:rofl: Sam is LOUD, I mean really loud. If you are five minutes late on a meal time he may cause you ear damage. :p What's makes him loud is the sounds he makes. Anyone who has talked to me on the phone knows he does not sound like a macaw in the background, more like a herd of farm animals. :facepalm: He is an active bird and loves all the attention he can get but he can also entertain himself for a good chunk of the day. ( If he has $100 worth of wood hanging from his stand. :D )

9. What are some of your bird's quirks?
Full Definition of Quirk:
:an unusual habit or way of behaving :something strange that happens by chance :an abrupt twist or curve:a peculiar trait
Sam is a Quirk. Nothing about Sam is textbook macaw, he did not read the manual. His list of idiosyncrasies is endless, from displaying aggression when he really wants attention to having a no personal space rule and climbing down your shirt. :smug: He can't even regurgitate normally. He grabs a blanket and slams his beak into a hard surface. :wideyed: But, that's why we love him! He is weird so he fits in perfectly around here. :wacky:

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
He does not talk much. He really has no need as everything he wants to say projects from the outside. :shy:I have heard an interesting story about something he said to a police officer while the car he was riding in was pulled over. :laugh: Maybe we could get someone to tell that story.... :jawdrop1: Will Sam fit in the woodshed?

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
Sambuca's favorite treat is time with Daddy. The love he has for my husband is disgusting. :hilarious: This giant 1300 gram macaw turns into a pile of mush the moment he walks in the room. Sam goes from rough and tough to poofy head and blushing. He reverts to baby macaw with head bobbing and wing flipping, baby sounds and all. :xflove: Sam could spend hours laying on his back in hubby's lap... hubby does not mind it either. :xflove:

2014-06-08 16.58.54.jpg 2014-07-08 17.33.58.jpg 20140819_195448.jpg IMG_5216.JPG

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That was a great interview! I loved your answer to number 9!

Matt

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Well-deserved award :congrats5: Thank you for an informative and humorous interview. Sambuca is definitely in the right home :xflove:

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Great interview! Sam is awesome!

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:laughing12: :dance4: Wonderful, simply wonderful interview..well earned ...big congrats. .

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Sam sounds like such a hoot!

:Congratwav:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
"Sam is LOUD, I mean really loud."

And that is the truth!! If Sam were mine I would be very tempted to stick one of Joe's dirty socks in his mouth. He is a weird Macaw.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Loved the interview, love Sam, love you and love Joe
I'm so tickled I played a small part in making this happen :)

Goodness we love the weirdo! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: He really is such a good bird.... just strange. :rofl: Give it another few months and we will adjust our expectations of normal. ;)

Thank you T & @Mystics Mom :swoon: He is loved and wants for nothing. ( except maybe he would like a cannoli )

"Sam is LOUD, I mean really loud."

And that is the truth!! If Sam were mine I would be very tempted to stick one of Joe's dirty socks in his mouth. He is a weird Macaw.

:laughin: :laughin: :laughin: and for the most part he has been fairly quiet when on the phone with you ML.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
OMG- that's quiet????

With Jasper she is so quiet that I have to check now and then that she hasn't expired. DIRTY SOCKS, DIRTY

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
OMG- that's quiet????

With Jasper she is so quiet that I have to check now and then that she hasn't expired. DIRTY SOCKS, DIRTY

Oh gosh yes.... :rofl: That's quiet. When he wants food you can't hear yourself think!

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
great great interview!
sambuca does indeed sound like a master manipulator....getting into your hearts and all (stealing the hubby's affections) :lol:

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
[quote="Macawnutz, post: 2050118, member: He is loved and wants for nothing. ( except maybe he would like a cannoli)
[/quote]
:coffeescreen:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Congrats Sambuca! Loved reading his interview! :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Loved the interview!

Still chuckle over the video with laundry....

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
OMG @Macawnutz
I can't believe I'm missing all of this!!!!!!
Love this interview but who I truly love is you and your hubby!!
Thankyou so much people like you are a dream come true

Status
Not open for further replies.