• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My green cheek only poops on my husband?

LauraMCP

Checking out the neighborhood
We have a 5 month old green cheek named Jack. We have had him for 2 months. For some reason I can take him out of his cage for 45 minutes (sometimes more) and he will not poop on me. I put him back in his cage to do his business and he usually goes right away so we can get back to playing. However, my husband, who was raised around parakeets, canaries, even falcons, can only play with Jack for about 10 minutes and Jack will poop directly on him. My husband has more discipline with Jack and tries to get him to sit only on his hand without crawling up his arm, etc, but is gentle with him and the bird is not afraid of him. Could this be Jack's way of telling him he wants to play, or could this be a male-on-male dominance thing? Thoughts? This is my first bird... image.jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No thoughts here (notice my name?) But will watch for responses

mom_2_bo_N_abby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
marlene m
I have the same issue with my male greenie doesnt poop on the girls in the house (all girls+the husband)
...but will bomb my husband as soon as he sees him o_O

LauraMCP

Checking out the neighborhood
:) Thanks everyone..glad to know I am not alone with this mysterious behavior. Not sure it will be a comfort to my husband though (lol)! I have read that all animals know whether you are male or female right away, not sure if it is through pheromones or some other way, but i find it quite fascinating...

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
get barber's cape, Rocky poops on any one male too.
:tiel2: and his mom

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
It's funny. Maybe it is a male dominance thing. With Donnie it always seemed like he was trying to say "Yeah, I pooped n you, whatcha gonna do about it?" type thing. My dad came into the room and he flew directly to him, laid a BIG poop (almost as if he had been saving one just for that moment), and flew away and chuckled.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Well my girls are girls XD and they never poop on me, only in the floor. No man lives here. Except my uncle who comes every 6 months but they have never pooped on him. :)

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My two GCC only poop on my partner or on
their pplay stand, never on me or their sleep cage. I think its more out of comfort as they are their favorite and what they feel is the safest places to be.