• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sleep Cage's

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I do! I have been using their travel/temporary cages which are the kings aluminum 20x29. mine are meyer's parrots. I am probably going to switch them to the medium aluminum cages which are 17x19 because they are easier to carry alone than the larger ones. We had a fire near us yesterday (couple miles), which really made me paranoid, and it would be back breaking to try to evacuate with those larger cages with only one person. Don't have a pic on my computer, but will post one in a few minutes from my phone :)

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I have the large kings aluminum travel cage as a sleep cage for one of my greys. Here is a pic of how it currently looks (I change it up every so often..looks a little bare but she is supposed to be sleeping in it..when we travel I of course put more in it).
image.jpg image.jpg
Here's a pic of when I was putting it together
image.jpg
Here it is with more toys/perches in it
image.jpg

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Ok here are my two. The bigger one (20x29")
image.jpg
image.jpg
And the smaller one I am switching to 17x19"
image.jpg

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
yep, it is the kit. I use snapple bottles and get the medium size kit/tip. The snapple bottles work for any size tip, though. The darn full brackets don't fit where I want them to on my cages and were so much more pricey. These work great :)

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
yep, it is the kit. I use snapple bottles and get the medium size kit/tip. The snapple bottles work for any size tip, though. The darn full brackets don't fit where I want them to on my cages and were so much more pricey. These work great :)
Ah hah! I thought that was it! It looks much nicer in your set up than it does on the internet. I can't find glass water bottles that attach securely to the cage and have been looking at getting these! The first thing I tried to do when Bella's lixit bottle came was see if i could somehow fit it on the travel/sleep cage and it was a no go :( Ok awesome I'm glad you like these and I will have to order two from Dr. B since I need to go there anyways next week.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
cool! yeah those brackets are a no go on these cages, lol. Man, I was just there two weeks ago. Should have thought of it ahead of time and had you meet me there to say hi :)

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
cool! yeah those brackets are a no go on these cages, lol. Man, I was just there two weeks ago. Should have thought of it ahead of time and had you meet me there to say hi :)
No way! Next time you are back in NC def let me know! You could meet Charlie (she isn't the biggest fan of going to Dr. Bs but since she wouldn't get grabbed and poked she would be good with making an appearance :lol:).

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Definitely will let you know next time. Would love to meet you both :D

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
We use a double pak-o-bird, its light, easy to clean and the two can sleep together without really being together.

Another plus when the flaps are closed its pitch black. There are rings for toys but no toys as they would play all night .

IMG_20140510_135307_706.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
When I had sleep cages (I only do when I don't have a dedicated bird room) I used 30x18x18 cages for my quaker and green cheek. They are cheap cages that I get a ton of use out of, as I also use them as vacation cages!