• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

If you were permitted to have only ONE

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Definitely a Cockatiel. :x3: I have always clicked really well with them, they are just such amazing little birds, and not given anywhere near enough credit. :heart:

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Do you sit and think of questions to make us torture ourselves and do serious soul searching!!!???

I have to answer bird not species..... I would have to pick max my bkue and gold macaw only because he would have a much harder time being left! I joke Ivory, a perfect social and loving specimen of a bare eyed too loves everyone, she really has no loyalty! ! I think she could be happy with any of the many visitors who want to steal her!! But max has such issues in life I don't know how he would do if he had to start over again in life.

Hope my answer is close to what you were asking! !

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you sit and think of questions to make us torture ourselves and do serious soul searching!!!???

I have to answer bird not species..... I would have to pick max my bkue and gold macaw only because he would have a much harder time being left! I joke Ivory, a perfect social and loving specimen of a bare eyed too loves everyone, she really has no loyalty! ! I think she could be happy with any of the many visitors who want to steal her!! But max has such issues in life I don't know how he would do if he had to start over again in life.

Hope my answer is close to what you were asking! !

Sure! No rules to this question. :lol: If I could only keep one bird in my own flock, that bird would probably be Mabel. Not because i wouldn't want to hold on very tightly to my african grey, but because Mabel my severe macaw has a much harder time liking and and being receptive to new people and they tend to be intimidated by her too. Emma my grey is nice and charismatic to almost everyone. :cool: I understand why you'd choose Max, but do you enjoy a specific parrot species the most?

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
For me a cockatiel. I got my first tiel, Buddy when I was going through a very bad time in my life. She fit in perfectly. With my busy life, I needed a bird that was very social but able to stay alone while I was at work and one who made me laugh. She was so loved that more people asked me how Buddy was than asked how I was. Buddy died of a retained yolk in January and to fill the big hole in my heart, I got Bella. Bella has a different personality but she keeps me on my toes. When I get home, I get Bella snuggles and on my days off, she keeps me so entertained with her antics. I could have gotten any bird but I wanted another tiel and I am so glad I did.

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is a hard question to answer. My off the top answer would be a large sulfur crested cockatoo. However, then I think if I can have only one, it seems to me that cockatoos benefit from having other birds around. So the more intelligent decision would be an amazon if I'm going for the best interest of the bird. They may benefit from having other birds around too, but are less likely to have problems related to being an only bird. Plus, amazons are just easier and I keep saying Diva is my perfect bird. However, there is nothing like cockatoo snuggles. I don't think just one bird is for me. Gotta have an amazon and a cockatoo.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
:dancing: Don't have to make the decision thank goodness. My heart still goes with LSC tooz and scarlets.

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
Well that's a very tough question, I feel my BFA Giacomo would be the individual I would have to choose if I could only keep one of my birds (with Rosie my Janday in very close second), but as for species it would be a really tough choice between a Blue Fronted amazon or a Janday Conure.

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
I'd have a Sun-Conure, one of my dream-B a lovebird and Macaw. :hehe:Sorry i chose 3, couldnt help myself :o: :hehe:

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
A Grey.

I knew from the first day I met a Grey that *I* was an African Grey Personality...15.5 years later, Merlin agrees - we're both Goofballs :)

Quiet and reserved when unsure or assessing a situation; cheeky when we're comfortable. And full of sarcastic wit.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Sure! No rules to this question. :lol: If I could only keep one bird in my own flock, that bird would probably be Mabel. Not because i wouldn't want to hold on very tightly to my african grey, but because Mabel my severe macaw has a much harder time liking and and being receptive to new people and they tend to be intimidated by her too. Emma my grey is nice and charismatic to almost everyone. :cool: I understand why you'd choose Max, but do you enjoy a specific parrot species the most?
I have to admit I'm a too person... If there is a type that fits my personality, would be the medium toos - lesser sulphurs, bare eyed or such. The Galah is my 'dream' bird, but they are not nearly as too like as the others, but have loved the ones I've had the pleasure of meeting. So if I had to pick a species in general it would be toos... :) twist my arm and make me commit!! :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That is a hard question to answer. My off the top answer would be a large sulfur crested cockatoo. However, then I think if I can have only one, it seems to me that cockatoos benefit from having other birds around. So the more intelligent decision would be an amazon if I'm going for the best interest of the bird. They may benefit from having other birds around too, but are less likely to have problems related to being an only bird. Plus, amazons are just easier and I keep saying Diva is my perfect bird. However, there is nothing like cockatoo snuggles. I don't think just one bird is for me. Gotta have an amazon and a cockatoo.
Only ONE cockatoo??? No way! I could never. I need atleast two... ;)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Caique and probably a white-bellied though it doesn't matter much. I think caiques are a good size for me. I have had smaller and larger birds and I think the little guys are more my thing. Caiques are wicked smart, clownish, active and challenging. The challenge to me make them interesting. I like people, critters and birds that feisty and won't be pushed around. Caiques really do that.

They love toys and five out of six of mine are fearless.

That being said I like change and trying new things so if I found myself with out a caique I would move on to another species just to experience them. I would have to really research it but I think I'd think about Myer's, lorikeets, indian ringnecks and mini macaws. I'd add Eclectus but they are a little bigger than I would want.

BradG

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Brad
An unweened baby Budgie boy.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Tough question. All three of my little guys have great traits and lots of personality. My caique is highly intelligent, very interactive and just a little snuggler. My maroon belly is very affectionate, always in a good mood, and a little clown. She is happy to do her own thing or hang out with me, but she LOVES attn.. My new nanday is the most affectionate animal I have ever met and very sweet. She is still adjusting to her new home. I cant just pick one, because I would feel like I have to give the other two up. :(

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
That's a really hard question because all mine consist of 3 different species of Psephotus Grass Parrots, so they all have similar core behavioural characteristics.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
A LSC,of course.... :heart: