• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crimson Bellied Conure VS GCC

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Are there any real difference between a CBC & a GCC?
Are they similar to GCC is behavior & temperament?
Are they relatively quiet like GCC?

I know they are different species...P Perlata

I have a chance to get one so I am wondering if it could be the bird for me.

Read they are slightly heavier...that doesn't bother me.
Voice might be higher...again no real problem.

Any advice is appreciated.

13 week crimson not yet in full color feathers Crimson 2.jpg

Crimson 1.jpg

Crimson 3.jpg

Cahtie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Misty
I'm sure you've already read some of the stuff I've posted in the other thread, but thought I'd answer what I could here. Sorry if it's repetitive!

My crimson bellied is a LOT quieter then my rosifron (which is more similar to a gcc then a CB I think). I've still never heard her call out loudly. All of her sounds are cute and quiet and sounds like babbling, which is adorable :). She purrs All the time, which always brings a huge smile to my face. She also makes this quiet, whining whistle sounds that reminds me of a dog whimpering. It's hard to describe but it's definitely cute :)

My experience with Cbs are that they are calmer then GCCs. Less go go go but still plenty active. Lots more snuggling, a lot less nipping.

In all of my research and what experience I have so far, these guys are perfect! Of course, all birds personalities vary, but in general I think they're very level headed and loving and quiet. Zeta also loves playing with her toys. I mention this, because she's such a clown! She loves to hang on her metal twisty toy and flap her wings rapidly and cause a big clanging and jingling in her cage as she swings about.

If I ever go to grt another bird again, it will more then likely be a CB. I am enamored. :geek:

LittleGems

Rollerblading along the road
I have a CB and two GCC. The CB (Phoenix) is much quieter (I have never heard any scream/shriek or any objectionable noise from here, ever!), much less nippy and is super sweet and cuddly, even as a mature adult! :heart: She is just generally a very easygoing bird, especially compared to my GCC (both are now so aggressive I can not handle them at all). Phoenix is not much of a talker (she only says 2 things). She is a good eater and will eat pretty much anything I give her. Mine is not a big chewer either, kind of a perch potato sometimes, but such a wonderful bird!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have a CB and two GCC. The CB (Phoenix) is much quieter (I have never heard any scream/shriek or any objectionable noise from here, ever!), much less nippy and is super sweet and cuddly, even as a mature adult! :heart: She is just generally a very easygoing bird, especially compared to my GCC (both are now so aggressive I can not handle them at all). Phoenix is not much of a talker (she only says 2 things). She is a good eater and will eat pretty much anything I give her. Mine is not a big chewer either, kind of a perch potato sometimes, but such a wonderful bird!
Nice CB & that's a name I wanted Phoenix. That's what I want in a bird. Get me one like that & I'll be happy!...Sorry to here the GCC got agressive. Thats' not what I would want.

Cahtie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Misty
You do have to be careful and accepting of the fact that all birds are different, and will change as they mature, and come across different situations. The thing about birds I've found is that you really have to respect them for who they are, not who you want them to be. Cuddly as a baby does not mean cuddly as an adult, and aggressive as a baby does not mean aggressive as an adult. Take the highs and lows and love them for who tegu want to be.

Nochi, my rosifron, bites the crap out of me as a matter of course, but I love love love her so much it doesn't matter to me. I'd love to be able to cuddle her more, but she's more into playing, do that's how it'll be. Her happiness comes first...and means less painful bites for me :roflmao: :dance5:

kathykeltsy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
kathy
I only have a CBC and he is a pistol! He's loud at times when he's calling to me. But it doesn't really bother me. He is nippy I think, but I've never had a GCC so I can't compare the two. I ADORE him and want to get another. He was crazy nippy as a baby but he is getting better. He will out of the blue walk over to what ever I'm doing and chomp down on my arm for no reason that I know of. Jealousy? It usually happens when I'm messing around with my other bird's cages....so who knows.

Aequa

Real Name
Caity
Honestly, I think it's just the individual bird when it comes to most Pyrrhura species :) that's why everyone has a different opinion. The only CB I met was aggressive! But I've met a bunch of GCCs, all so very different! My Yoshi is a pocket rocket and a snuggle bunny while another little one I saw was quiet and shy. Then another didn't like too much touching and was quiet. Others are super loud! It depends on you and your bird :) (I know that isn't much help!!!)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
That's why its hard to buy a bird without ever seeing it or interacting with it.
They are all individuals & there is not guarantee how they will grow up anyway...
All these things stress me out.
It took 2 days & 7 hours of watching my E. parakeet before I purchased her.
I guess I am too particular. Not a good thing for a bird lover to be.

It takes me a long time to make up my mind!
:rofl:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Honestly, I think it's just the individual bird when it comes to most Pyrrhura species :) that's why everyone has a different opinion. The only CB I met was aggressive! But I've met a bunch of GCCs, all so very different! My Yoshi is a pocket rocket and a snuggle bunny while another little one I saw was quiet and shy. Then another didn't like too much touching and was quiet. Others are super loud! It depends on you and your bird :) (I know that isn't much help!!!)
Do you also have a parakeet?
How well does your GCC get along with the parakeet?

Aequa

Real Name
Caity
By parakeet, do you mean budgie? I don't have a budgie but do have a Princess Parrot who he gets along with. They have the funniest relationship. Again, it's the individual bird. Some do get along, some don't. I have a Princess Parrot whose best friend in the entire world is a Quaker! I met a GCC who prefer Cockatiels. It really comes down to the individual - unfortunately at times!

kathykeltsy

Real Name
kathy
My Mogs likes to hang out with my boy budgie , who is a sweetheart. They sit I'm the budgie cage for hours.