• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

whats a good age.....

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
to bring home baby tiels? When do they wean normally? I'm bringing home 2SugarBabies in a couple of weeks ~ they will be 11weeks old! Is this a safe age? They already eat on their own but could they regress with the move and changes? Just wondering what to possible expect! Any input would be great! Thanks!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think eleven weeks is good. They usually ween sometime after 8 weeks but I think the time can vary. I worry when they're sold at 8 weeks which happens a lot and I think is too young. After 10 weeks I think is better. There's always the chance of regressing but I would feel comfortable bringing them home at age 11 weeks. How long have they been eating on their own?

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I brought home 2 tiels when they were about 11-12 weeks...make sure they are eating on their own and feed them the same food as they are currently eating while they adjust in your home. Then when they are comfortable you can change their diet and offer other types of food.

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
They currently eat on their own now for about 2 week. Parent raise but handled daily & out on play gym daily! They eat veggies, eggs, rice & fruit if I remember right....plus pellets & some seed.