• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie babies poop question

pawsitivelycrazy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Debbie
I have 5 Linnie babies that are about 8 weeks old. Some of the poops are normal put some are very wet....The stool part is formed and very green...The liquid part is VERY wet and is soaking the paper towels at the bottom of the cage....Any suggestions?....These babies will be going to their new homes soon but I don't want them to be sick when they leave...They are not acting sick, but their poops are not normal...

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i do not know have you asked your vet

Caza66

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
My little linnies poops are the same. I'm taking this as normal. I have never had a young one out of the nest box before so hopefully it is ok.

Swig

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Shelley
@ Debbie, I don't think that there is a concern. Linnie poo is normally wetter and runnier than most birds. :eek: The more fresh greens, veges and fruit you feed, the more wet poo you can expect. Color can be affected by diet as well...feed blueberries and you will get purple poo, etc. :jawdrop1: If you notice any changes in Linnie behavior making you concerned or simply need reassurance, don't hesitate to contact an avian vet for further evaluation, if you have one in your area, or consult an avian vet one online. Congrats on your successful clutch!