• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures It's Been A While

Scully

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erika
I guess I should update, I don't know if many remember but we had taken in quite a few of my dads birds when he sold his house. We had to rehome them, and made sure they went to good homes. I don't want to come off as "flighty" with my birds, I know how some people adopt/buy/rehome when things aren't ideal. This wasn't the case, they were handed to us, and we took care of them until they went to their permanent home. We thought we could keep them, but 17 was too many to take care of without the know how or any experience.

Moving on,

Scully is doing fantastic and is now a big brother (by choice, not by happenstance this time)
Mr. Noodles is a lutino and very sweet (he's a baby, about 3 months old) We aren't sure if he's really a he, but he's already quite vocal.

Scully serenades him constantly and talks to him. Every morning he walks over to his side of the cage closest to Mr. Noodles and says "Hello, baby bird."

I do have a question though, is it normal for cockatiels to "kiss"?

It doesn't come off as aggressive, and either one will immediately drop his head like they do when asking for cuddles. I want to be sure to ward off any "no-no" behavior if at all possible so all information is welcomed with an open mind!

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
Scully & Mr. Noodles are beautiful! I'm glad you found good homes for your dad's birds! 17 is a lot for anyone, big or small birds! :laugh:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My tiels "kiss". What pretty babes you have. :heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I suspect that Scully & Mr Noodles are a couple in the traditional meaning of the word. My guys only sing to their ladies though they will all break out in song if I start whistling at them.

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I also think it might be a MS. Noodles as well, LOL. They are just beautiful. I find Cockatiels very kissy birds.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Beautiful tiels...looks like quite a bond...maybe a Ms.Noodles as Mariannee suggested...but I have 2 very bonded males.

Scully

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erika
I didn't know it was possible to be so in love with two little fluff balls. (Or should I say, dust balls)

So far, they're still great and quite a pair. No squabbles at all. They're in a huge cage with a divider down the middle. We're going to wait about three months of play time outside of the cage/getting used to each other before we consider removing the divider. I know Scully will be enthusiastic when that day comes, he always seems heartbroken that he can't cuddle the Noodle-ator.

Scully

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erika
Scully started doing something new, he lifted his wings into a heart shape while talking and singing to Noodles. Is this normal? I've tried searching the internet for answers, but I can never get a definitive one.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're just adorable! (And your boy is doing heart wings- pretty common for a male.)

Scully

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erika
Noodles is so young, would Scully already be taking a romantic interest in him? (Most likely her :x3:)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If you knew what mutation Noodle's mom is then you could potentially know for sure if you have two males or a male and a female!

Since the Ino gene is sex-linked, it means there's a higher chance of Noodles being a girl instead of a boy! ;)

Both are cute!

witchbaby

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
They're both adorable. That kissing photo is especially cute. :heart: