• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So so angry!! My beautiful baby is injured- RANT!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im kinda of confused why everyone was/is questioning Victoria's age. Does it matter if a mother does stuff for her daughter or not?

I know I appreciate help whenever I get it. And no, I dont drive either and I'm 24.

Vitctoria, you dont have to defend your actions. :hug8:
And dont downgrade yourself to being mentally 17. We are who we are. Even older folks can be childish. And 17 year olds very responsible.

I know when I was 13, I was very responsible. If someone had me watch some elses pets, Id be able to do it. I grew up with a ton of animals in my life. Birds. Snakes.Cats. Dogs. Rabbits. Guineapigs. All at once! So bring it on! Lol

:hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
One does not have to have a professional sitter to take care of pets while you go on vacation, just somebody trustworthy and responsible. My high school daughter was hired to pet sit. I went with her to be sure everything was done as instructed. Professionals charge too much which is why many people do not use them.
You do not you are correct. But the ones that are listed as pet sitters can do this job at the times requested, not like a working Neighbor who cannot. I use one she used to be in the Insurance biz and decided to do her own thing because she loves animals. My sitter charges $15 per visit, she lets my dogs out, 3 of them, feeds them, feeds my cats, cleans the litter box, feeds and waters the birds ( I pre bag everyone's food) and she also takes in our mail, waters some plants if she thinks they need it.

SHE is worth more and I feel like a cheap skate for $30 per day compared to boarding 9 pets! My pets stay home, are safe. I do have my Mother come once a day around 1 to let the dogs out again since she comes at 7-7:30 and doesn't come back until 8 pm.

A pet sitter that comes to your home, one that is insured/bonded and in business are legit. I went from references and she rocks.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I agree that Victoria's age doesn't matter.

Moms do things for their kids regardless of their age or ability. I have kids (step kids actually since someone might want to know all facts) that are far smarter than I am in every way, yet I do things for them. Sometimes not as good as they would do it........but it makes them smile.

I'm just glad all turned out okay for the bird. Sad the entire event happened, but glad Bird is okay. I think that mom would be okay to care for them but I would bar the husband and that kid from the house.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I agree that Victoria's age doesn't matter.

Moms do things for their kids regardless of their age or ability. I have kids (step kids actually since someone might want to know all facts) that are far smarter than I am in every way, yet I do things for them. Sometimes not as good as they would do it........but it makes them smile.
Exactly!! My Mother is 86 and still asks me if there is anything she can do for me since I work.

Bartleby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
oh believe me I am BEYOND FURIOUS!! I feel like calling them & screaming at them for 3 hours... my mom is going to call later- because when I loose my temper I loose it.. I know, they could have easily been killed by the cats which makes me feel sick!
This seems pretty self-explanatory for those that are questioning why Victoria's mom made the contact. Sometimes it is better to let cooler heads take the lead, especially when a situation is delicate, and age really doesn't have anything to do with it.

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
I am 23- still live at home, have some learning issues from being born at 25 weeks, don't drive yet, & really am more like 17 or so mentally. Well, I will say that yes the women who cared for the birds is my moms friend & moreso an acquaintance of mine so I don't really know what to say etc & have pretty bad anxiety issues.
Thanks for the explanation. Your avatar shows an adult and I could not understand why you were not handling this yourself. Of course there was the possibility this was a close friend of your mom and she set this up and so the sitter would have taken the news better from her. I was in a similar situation with a business transaction.

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
A parent helping their child is good, but there are times when the child must learn to speak up for him/herself. This is a skill that must be learned.

I have a 21 year old daughter living at home and she relies on me to hold her hand with a lot of things she is quite capable of handling herself. If this is not taught, he/she will be taken advantage of in the future. This also builds self confidence when the parent is not around. That is why I asked the question of age. Of course communicating in anger is not the best time to address problems because the party accused will usually become defensive and words said in anger cannot be taken back.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I agree, my personality is like my Mother's I am a for sure take charge person. But as Victoria already posted this other Lady was an aquaintance of her Mother's so in this case it makes more sense to have her Mother address it moreso.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I agree with you both, but as I already stated, I have some pretty significant learning disabilities that make my emotional/mental age NOT 23- Was born at 23 weeks in 1991- so this is why I am not fully independant at 23... I am on my own path & will mature fully when God is ready for me to.

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
You are doing well V, don't rush life girl! :hug8:

birdle

victoria has already explained everything about her age and all even though she didn't have to. I don't think anyone needs to judge her.

eta and I'm so glad your birds are ok. I don't think the blood all over the cage and all are from someone shaking their hand from a bird bite. I don't think you will ever hear the complete truth, but that's ok. I never found out why my birdsitter was being so shady and never will.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Victoria, I have watched you here grow into a lovely lady. You have been blessed with parents who have guided you into becoming the lovely lady you are today. Just to say...we have all had to grow in one way or another. You continue to learn and grow just as we do. There is a right time for each phase of growing and that is decided on by you and your parents. :hug8:

Now, keep those pictures coming as I do enjoy the beauty you bring to grace our eyes.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree with you both, but as I already stated, I have some pretty significant learning disabilities that make my emotional/mental age NOT 23- Was born at 23 weeks in 1991- so this is why I am not fully independant at 23... I am on my own path & will mature fully when God is ready for me to.
You don't have to explain yourself, to anyone. (((Hugs)))

I saw your new hairstyle in your other thread and it's very pretty!

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
:hug8: I would be livid. You reminded me why we haven't taken a vacation for more than a night for almost 5 years!

Aequa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Caity
That's awesome!! So glad she is getting better :D